• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Firefly & Wisp Publishing

Jo Zebedee

space opera-popcorn lover!
Registered
Reaction score
Off the shoulder of Orion, not far from Belfast.
Website
Www.jozebedee.com
I'm just glad to see AW being so warm about this - I knew the thread had been pretty toxic although I wasn't around during that time, and I think it's great to hear the reflection on it, and massive food for thought for all of us about what can happen when things go wrong. And kudos, Joseph - I'd have found this ridiculously hard to write.

Jrubas

Frankensteinian patchwork
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for being so understanding. Sorry for the late response. I've been so busy lately that I hardly have time to sit down at the computer. I would very much like to have my old account back, or one that at least reflects who I am, and not "Rpriest."

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you want this new account merged with your older one then send a PM to Macallister or to AW Admin: they're the ones you need to speak to about that.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Someone tell me I'm not the only one whose brain combines Jrubas and RPriest into some bastardization of Judas Priest.

Maryn, whose neural pathways have lots of side streets and blind alleys

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Someone tell me I'm not the only one whose brain combines Jrubas and RPriest into some bastardization of Judas Priest.

Maryn, whose neural pathways have lots of side streets and blind alleys
Yup, my brain kept doing the same thing.

Jrubas

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't intentionally create the "Rpriest" handle to invoke Judas Priest, but after it was done and I looked at it, I had the same thought.

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
Joseph, you and I had some rows on here during this thread and I was just going over some old threads and found this.

I can understand the pressure you were under and thank you for coming back and offering apologies.

And if I said anything that...contributed to your stress, I apologize on my behalf as well.

Cheers and congrats on the new little one!

Jrubas

Registered
Reaction score
Joseph, you and I had some rows on here during this thread and I was just going over some old threads and found this.

I can understand the pressure you were under and thank you for coming back and offering apologies.

And if I said anything that...contributed to your stress, I apologize on my behalf as well.

Cheers and congrats on the new little one!

Thank you. You have nothing to apologize for. You reacted as any normal person would.

Jrubas

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody have any recent news on Danielle's misdeeds? I've been to the FAW Facebook page a few times, and I always wind up feeling bad for the authors she's currently exploiting. I want to message them, but knowing Danielle, she's probably cooked up some story where I'm a crackpot bent on bringing down the company and everything I say is a lie. She told the same story about everyone who left.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
A curious find on the F&W Facebook: F&W author Agatha Rae is pictured with Danielle Lee Zwissler at the Gotheburg Book Fair, but Rae's book Tangents is published in English by the Swedish company Lov and Craig Forlag. This publisher is "taking the world by storm", according to Zwissler.

https://m.facebook.com/fireflyandwisp

The funny thing is that LCF's logo is very similar to F&W's - it uses a very similar font on a black background. Zwissler's books (in English) are featured on LCF's Facebook and she describes them as "my Swedish publisher". They have five authors other than Zwissler and Rae, two of whom founded the business. It sounds like a Swedish version of Firefly and Wisp!

If one of F&W's recent releases is anything to go by it doesn't look as though the standard of editing has improved:

"What are you doing? Mary Anne whined as she came up the steps two at a time.

When she saw the old, dilapidated steps of the McMasters' old place, she smiled softly.

"People frown on teenage boys calling 8 year old's."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YMVSST8/?tag=absowrit-21

It's amusing to compare the info on Zwissler's Amazon author page with the outrageously bogus claims she was making a few years ago, but on the cover of the LCF edition of her book The Long Ride Home she's described as "an international bestselling author".

Last edited:

Jrubas

Registered
Reaction score
International! One of her books has something like fifty reviews on Amazon, many of them positive. Knowing her she probably bought them.