The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Heyday

[Publisher] Heyday

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with Heyday Books in California? They seem to publish mostly CA based works, though they have published a few titles that have a broader reach.

Thanks,

Steve

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.heydaybooks.com/

Well-established independent based in Berkeley. Currently runs as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Imprints include BayTree Books, Great Valley Books, and Inlandia.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

A proud member of the Cat Staff
    I am acquainted with the publisher. They do indeed specialize in California, especially in the Central Valley. Malcolm is a very nice man; more importantly, he is very effective at what he does. He attends all the trade shows and some of the book festivals. Plus, he gets good publicity. Several of his books have been reviewed by the Los Angeles Times. I have perhaps ten Heyday books on my shelves. All well written, well designed, and well edited.
    BiblioBuffet serves up a banquet of zesty book reviews, piquant literary commentary, savory bibliophilistic observations and tantalizing conversations. We spice up your reading life by leading you to books you deserve to read.