NFL

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Second year in a row Flacco has had a beautiful go-ahead touchdown pass dropped by his receiver.

From the angle I saw, the receiver didn't drop the pass and the defense didn't knock it out of his hands until after he had control in the end zone. I was incensed with the refs for the blown call.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
The Superbowl will come down to the Patriots offensive line vs the Giants defensive line.

Absolutely true. And now that Vollmer is coming back I like the Pats' chances. Granted, he's likely to be a little rusty but he gives the offense more options - like more ability to run Hernandez out of the backfield or maybe even Welker on the end around.

Heard an interesting stat the other day - this is the only indoor game the Patriots have played all season. I don't know if that counts for anything but it's pretty neat.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I would say the Patriots have the better receivers. Welker and the two tight ends they have are amazing.

The Superbowl will come down to the Patriots offensive line vs the Giants defensive line. The Giants defense relies on getting pressure with just their four lineman. If they have to blitz, it'll leave them vulnerable to short passes and will give the Patriots the chance to win.

Remember that Gronskowski has a high ankle sprain. He will be AT BEST 65 percent.

There is no question that Victory Cruise, Hakeem Nicks, and Mario Manningham are better than Wes Welker, Deion Branch, and Ochocinco.

You are right though. The game will be decided in the trenches. It almost always is. But Eli Manning will make superhuman plays when the game is on the line. Brady won't. Eli makes superhuman plays when he is pressured. Brady breaks down and will at times throw ridiculous interceptions just so he doesn't have to get hit. Which is why it is so stupid the Ravens didn't blitz him at all last week. They would've slaughtered them if they would have. But for some reason they played coverage.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
From the angle I saw, the receiver didn't drop the pass and the defense didn't knock it out of his hands until after he had control in the end zone. I was incensed with the refs for the blown call.

And they somehow missed the defender flat-out molesting Dennis Pitta for the entirety of the route the next play. It was simultaneously illegal contact, defensive holding, and defensive pass interference. Yet the ref missed calling any of them.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Tom Brady choked. Back to back plays on the penultimate drive he had receivers very open and probably would've won the Super Bowl if he threw good passes on either, but he threw terrible passes for both. Yes Wes Welker really should've caught the ball, but the ball could have been so so much better and probably a touchdown with a good pass. The second one to Branch was really bad too. He could've hit him in stride for a touchdown.

Tom Brady has never had a game-winning touchdown pass in the playoffs.

And Eli Manning is the second best quarterback in the league. (Aaron Rodgers)

It goes:
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Joe Flacco
Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady

Well, if Peyton Manning comes back he is either 1, 2, or 3.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Brady's receivers should have caught the stupid ball. After all, Brady only hit them in the hands.

Anyone else think that the game was a bore? Except for the last three minutes anyway.

Kudos to the Giants.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoyed the game - I thought Halftime was boring (zzzzzzzz)

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
The commercials were boring. They were the wrost bunch (collectively) I remember. Although "We Go" the dog was cute.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Hardly an exciting game. Would have liked a better ending, but so it goes. The Pats played like garbage and didn't deserve to win. Oh well. Maybe next year.

EngineerTiger

Writing HF Again, Thank God
Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
Congratulations to the New York Giants. I hope that you and your fans enjoyed your visit to Indianapolis.

Nice to see Eli get a second ring.