NFL

Debbie

conducting hijinks
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, Miranda.
We were talking about that too.
Think he should catch some Bettis re-runs. :Shrug:

Did you see the NE/Bills game? Eek! Those Pats were P.O'ed.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I only saw a couple of clips.

We only get to see the NBC game on a Sunday. Last season I was totally pissed off with NBC. We got 4 or 5 Colts games (and I hate the Colts) and only one Bears game. And it is was the most embarrassing game I've ever seen the Bears play.

How does everyone feel about the automatic review of scoring plays? To me, it seems to have taken something away from the celebrations. I guess no player wants to look a complete arse by celebrating then having the score taken away. But it's a shame. I really liked a lot of the dances.

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
i love to watch some football. i just dont get to because i work almost every sunday. i dont have much of a rooting interest in any certain team. ok i lied. im a bengals fan, paper bag with eyeholes and all. dalton looks okay and will get much better with time. i just like to see good games played and dont really care who has them. brady, newton, and rodgers are looking awesome.

haggis, i would be really excited about suh on the d-line. getting past pack will be hard but could be looking for wild card

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
i love to watch some football. i just dont get to because i work almost every sunday. i dont have much of a rooting interest in any certain team. ok i lied. im a bengals fan, paper bag with eyeholes and all.

Why the paper bag?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
All right. Who stole my Lions and what have you done with them?

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Why the paper bag?

This is real, too. Fans of horrible teams go to games and wear paper bags so people wont know its them at the game. Also, shows shame for being a fan of such a bad team. It's not confined to cincy tho. Im pretty sure Oakland has done it as well as Cleveland. Sometimes I want to be a fan in secret thus the paper bag. Im not getting excited at all right now with the win. Give it another year or two.

Haggis, I have no idea what has happened with your lions. Detroit v. Green Bay looks like might be good entertainment.

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
I'd think you would be happy with anyone with an arm to just chuck the ball up to calvin. Funny thing. regdog's avatar is megatron from transformers but that's calvin johnson's nickname. at least I think her avatar is supposed to be megatron. If not, just how bout them lions?

I didn't get the cowboys line. Are they now america's team? Or are they annually underachieving? I see neither. This is the first monday night I've had in over a year but I just don't see why I should even bother watching mnf. Its just not the same without peyton out there.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
This is real, too. Fans of horrible teams go to games and wear paper bags so people wont know its them at the game. Also, shows shame for being a fan of such a bad team. It's not confined to cincy tho. Im pretty sure Oakland has done it as well as Cleveland. Sometimes I want to be a fan in secret thus the paper bag. Im not getting excited at all right now with the win. Give it another year or two.

Didn't need the paper bag last weekend!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Managed to see last Sunday's game. It was... odd. All kinds of nonsense until the 4th quarter and then it ....died.

BTW, OH wants to know why did Minesotta buy the Redskins old QB? He's a crock!

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't need the paper bag last weekend!
That's true. Didn't get to see it cause was out of town.
Managed to see last Sunday's game. It was... odd. All kinds of nonsense until the 4th quarter and then it ....died.

BTW, OH wants to know why did Minesotta buy the Redskins old QB? He's a crock!
Who's OH? I think it's all Brett Favre's fault because he gave them one awesome year when he was considered past his prime. McNabb used to be great. You saw the Jets-Ravens game, right? That one was absolutely AWFUL! Here's hoping this week's better even though I'll only get to see last part. Work sucks.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
That's true. Didn't get to see it cause was out of town.

Who's OH? I think it's all Brett Favre's fault because he gave them one awesome year when he was considered past his prime. McNabb used to be great. You saw the Jets-Ravens game, right? That one was absolutely AWFUL! Here's hoping this week's better even though I'll only get to see last part. Work sucks.

OH is Other Half. He can't understand why they would have signed McNabb if they saw him play for the Skins.

And yeah, not a great game......

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
You know what they call this year in the NFL if you're awful? It's the "suck for Luck" sweepstakes. Maybe that's what they're thinking...

Trw78Writes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
collegelackey.com
Steelers

Dwyer should start. 117 yards vs. the Titans. Is Ben tough as nails or what? A sprained foot and throws for 5 TDs? Insane. And the Titans were supposed to win, as the Steelers are old, the O-Line sucks, yada, yada. I suspect we will not go to the SB but I soooo want THE PACK to get beaten in the playoffs. And they will. They barely escaped with a win against the Falcons tonight. They have an EASY f'ing schedule. *Of course* they're off to the playoffs. Da Bears should be able to eliminate them. Or the Saints. I will be rooting for anyone who plays against them all season. Can't stand Aaron Rogers. I think it is because the media consistently gives him a BJ every Sunday. I HATE THAT. :rant:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

gah!

the thread title is 'nfl' so i didn't want to complicate things.