• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Consortium Book Sales & Distribution

Javier

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jnpro.weebly.com
Hello, has anyone heard about this company? They seem very legit, but I want to know some info if anyone has worked with them before.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Adding link: http://www.cbsd.com/

They're part of the Perseus Books Group (brochure). We do have a few publisher members who've worked with them; hopefully they'll stop by.

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
We signed with Consortium late last year, and I love them. Our sales have doubled since going with them. Their marketing and publicity teams are fabulous, and I'm always getting emails from them telling me that they're pitching our lead titles to various nontraditional marketplaces because they see a fit - over and above our books being placed in traditional marketplaces.

They have excellent relationships with reviewers, so our books are getting requests to be review in places like Shelfari and Booklist.

They are small on purpose, so I have no problems with correspondence. It's not unusual to ask them for feedback on cover art or title ideas.

Additionally, they have sales teams who cover all territories in the US and Canada, so not only do we have national placement, but the sales teams go into the stores to pitch our books.

They are picky about whom they offer contracts to. They want to see that you have a healthy front list and backlist, and that your sales are very strong and consistent. Can't say enough nice things about them.

Javier

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jnpro.weebly.com
ohh that's a put down... They don't seem to work with lone authors who self-published. Plus, like you said I think they want books that are already being sold alot.
I don't' think it'd be a good idea to try with them.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
They definitely don't work with self-publishers, no. There really aren't any distributors in the US that work with one-title self-publishers. Sorry; I can imagine that this is disappointing news.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, Ingram bought Perseus in Mar '16 (press release). No change in URLs yet.