The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Consortium Book Sales & Distribution

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Consortium Book Sales & Distribution

Hello, has anyone heard about this company? They seem very legit, but I want to know some info if anyone has worked with them before.
    My free-for-the-public novel (in spanish): https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72493

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.cbsd.com/

They're part of the Perseus Books Group (brochure). We do have a few publisher members who've worked with them; hopefully they'll stop by.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Banned
    We signed with Consortium late last year, and I love them. Our sales have doubled since going with them. Their marketing and publicity teams are fabulous, and I'm always getting emails from them telling me that they're pitching our lead titles to various nontraditional marketplaces because they see a fit - over and above our books being placed in traditional marketplaces.

They have excellent relationships with reviewers, so our books are getting requests to be review in places like Shelfari and Booklist.

They are small on purpose, so I have no problems with correspondence. It's not unusual to ask them for feedback on cover art or title ideas.

Additionally, they have sales teams who cover all territories in the US and Canada, so not only do we have national placement, but the sales teams go into the stores to pitch our books.

They are picky about whom they offer contracts to. They want to see that you have a healthy front list and backlist, and that your sales are very strong and consistent. Can't say enough nice things about them.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    ohh that's a put down... They don't seem to work with lone authors who self-published. Plus, like you said I think they want books that are already being sold alot.
    I don't' think it'd be a good idea to try with them.
    My free-for-the-public novel (in spanish): https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72493

They definitely don't work with self-publishers, no. There really aren't any distributors in the US that work with one-title self-publishers. Sorry; I can imagine that this is disappointing news.
    Last edited by IceCreamEmpress; 07-30-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Find me at
    BookTweeting on Twitter
    for a book review a day, every day!
    JUST LAUNCHED:
    EbookCheapskate,
    where you'll find reviews of
    free and cheap ebooks (under $5 US)!

Banned
    Agreed...their client/publishers are publishing companies with a fairly large front and backlist.

May I just say that if you stumble across Partners in your search for companies who will take on self-published books, avoid them. Like. The. Plague.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    FYI, Ingram bought Perseus in Mar '16 (press release). No change in URLs yet.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: