WP apps for iPad?

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I normally don't use my iPad for word processing, but would like the have the option. I couldn't find any free APPS to download and before spending money, I thought I'd see what other people use.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I use Pages for the iPad. But then, I also use Pages for the Mac, so part of my decision on that app was loyaty. It also keeps all my formatting between transfers. It's pretty much a full-service word processing program.

Another writer friend of mine uses iA Writer, which she likes because it's *just* writing. One font. No styles. But it does have an addition to the on-screen keyboard that includes punctuation that writers use often.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I held my breath waiting for the price to come up and was pleasantly surprised it was only $19.99 for my Mac. Do I have to purchase it again as an app for my iPad.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
To do any serious writing with the iPad, I need a keyboard. I got the ZAGGmate and like it a lot. And I use Pages, which can export documents to the PC in Word format. All things considered, though, a good notepad/netbook computer does a better job.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I held my breath waiting for the price to come up and was pleasantly surprised it was only $19.99 for my Mac. Do I have to purchase it again as an app for my iPad.

You do. It's only $9.99 on the iPad, though. It's what I use to write on my iPad.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
I also use pages, and I've actually switched to writing on it as opposed to my laptop. I just love it, even has a quick little email button to send to myself after I'm done working.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
Having an iPad is like having a puppy dog. Strangers ask how you like it. Three nurses today when I got some lab work done.

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
I use PlainText (which, iirc, has a paid and free, ad-supported version). It syncs with Dropbox and can integrate with Scrivener, which I use on the laptop to do all my writing.

The external keyboard is what makes it all worthwhile, though.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
You do. It's only $9.99 on the iPad, though. It's what I use to write on my iPad.
It's only 9.99, but I resent paying twice for the same thing on general principle (but I probably will anyway.) :D

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It's only 9.99, but I resent paying twice for the same thing on general principle (but I probably will anyway.) :D

I get where you coming from, but all that new code for the touchscreen optimizations doesn't write itself. The same iPad app will work on an iPhone or iPod Touch, though.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
I have Pages, but I don't use it for writing fiction.

I use Simplenote, which will sync with Scrivener. Frankly, it's not my favorite app for writing notes, but it's good enough.