AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Blue Deck Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin R K Sidler's Avatar

Blue Deck Press

http://www.bluedeckpress.com/default.html

Any thoughts or feedback about them?

The site does not fill me with any confidence. It seems to be aimed at authors, the design is rather unattractive, there is no real information about the people who are running it, and they seem to have no real focus (i.e. books on hypnosis and self-help mixed with a novel? Also, one of the hypnosis books has chapters on telephone (okay) and instant messenger (?) hypnosis).

If you are considering them, I suggest caution.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin R K Sidler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    The site does not fill me with any confidence. It seems to be aimed at authors, the design is rather unattractive, there is no real information about the people who are running it, and they seem to have no real focus (i.e. books on hypnosis and self-help mixed with a novel? Also, one of the hypnosis books has chapters on telephone (okay) and instant messenger (?) hypnosis).

If you are considering them, I suggest caution.
    Some of those same things stood out to me as well. I'm guessing they are rather new to the game.

wonder if they need a proofreader:

"Our average publishing time, from acceptance of a manuscript to distribution, as of April 2011 is approximately than six months.
    For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
    Please send your query by email to: submissions@BlueDeckPress.com
    or by mail or ccommercial carrier to:"

Banned
    They don't appear to have any distribution other than the normal channels of Ingram and probably Baker & Taylor. The books they have released don't have a listing in Bookscan, so it appears as though they have very little impact on the publishing or reading world. I noticed one of their books is a pdf, written by their editors. Not real sure what the attraction is for this company.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site is gone, as is their "affiliate" readreadbooks.com.

An Smashwords profile survives, as does a blog.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: