RIP Amy Winehouse

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience,a person can know that they NEED help but you cannot force them to WANT it. That is the key difference. Even when they want it,multiple relapses can happen before they finally get clean. Addiction is a monstrous thing and with people that have been addicted for a long time,it has a vice grip on their lives.

Looking at Ms.Winehouse's history,she was a hard core addict and those that we think turned a blind eye might have just given up on her. It takes a strong and patient person to help someone that is addicted to drugs,especially when the person keeps relapsing.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
What a waste. A short, sad life and a gorgeous, aching bluesy voice.
Her rendition of this song is heartbreaking.What a waste.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience,a person can know that they NEED help but you cannot force them to WANT it. That is the key difference. Even when they want it,multiple relapses can happen before they finally get clean. Addiction is a monstrous thing and with people that have been addicted for a long time,it has a vice grip on their lives.

Looking at Ms.Winehouse's history,she was a hard core addict and those that we think turned a blind eye might have just given up on her. It takes a strong and patient person to help someone that is addicted to drugs,especially when the person keeps relapsing.

This. Also from personal experience.

I've been to the point where I knew I needed help, but wasn't ready to ask for it or even want it. Thankfully I got past that, got help, and am fine enough now.

It's a true pity that Amy didn't make it that far.

Personally I don't think there was anything much most people could have done. I don't know about the dynamic between Amy and her friends, so I can't comment on their guilt or not.

But I do know that drugs just take people down. And honestly - most of the time, if the person supposed to look out for you is also on drugs, then disasters will happen, sooner or later.

RIP Amy Winehouse: Great singer, and a girl my own age.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
I think people forget that recovery can kill and rehab is a life long process not just a magic machine, you go in and out of it you're better, there is a reason why people say they survived rehab because rehabilitation takes its toll on the body and can kill too. They usually put you onto other drugs to wean you off the drugs and such a strain can impact your health.

I am sad about it but I hate how people are using it as an excuse to emotionally blackmail others saying "stop caring about her, you're not caring about others" or "you shouldn't cry for her, cry for all the soldiers that died". I can be empathetic for more than person at one time. Someone has died, people die, it is an emotional and hurtful thing to lose someone no matter what they die of, it is not an excuse to pit deaths against each other as if it's a competition. It's not an excuse to emotionally blackmail others for being sad for someone else's death at the same time. It is a life gone I can cry for it and what could have been and what has happened.

I can cry for more than one person. I care about all the tragedies that happened over the weekend I cried for them and I cried for Amy too. I don't know why I did, it's just shock to think that so many people including her are gone and nothing can bring them back. It's the same emotions I had when my friend died and when my pets died. Death is a hurtful experience.

I have the same shock I had when Natasha Richardson died and when Brittany Murphy died. They were just people I liked a lot and had never expected them to go the way they did. I always thought Amy would be like Keith Richards and Ozzy Osbourne.

I am just upset about everything that has happened no matter who it was or why they died. I guess I have too much empathy but I can mourn who I like.

pbook

Registered
Reaction score
Man this was crazy.

She should have gone to rehab.