AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Barclay Bryan Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Barclay Bryan Press

Has anyone heard anything about these guys? Here's their website: http://www.barclaybryan.com/General I can't find anything on P&E or PM, but I wondered.....

Thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Few books for 10 years in business, and only three of them appear on Amazon.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I have

I'm actually in the middle of an illustration job for them right now. It's a small company, to be sure. We are still relatively new in this working relationship, but I've been enjoying it so far.

My part of the project should be done relatively soon, and printing should happen before Christmas. I can keep you filled in as I go, if you like.

Banned
    They don't appear to have any distribution, and none of their titles are listed in Bookscan.

Just the facts, please
    Site now gets a 404 error.

well, that's not surprising

The project I was working on never came to fruition. I finished my bit (illustration), and a few months later I got a dummy book in the mail. That's the last I heard of it. To my knowledge, that book has never gone to print. The last contact I had was in spring of 2012.

Created blog and FB page Summer '12, but no activity beyond the intial posting. The children's bookstore listed on the latter is gone, but their main store lingers: http://barclaybryanbookstore.com/

Bryan is also involved with Ancestry and Life Stories (ancestryandlifestories.com). Site is currently parked, but was cached as recently as a couple weeks ago, so it's possible they're just undergoing a rebuild. Not holding my breath, though.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

ICAO
    ---------

Site expired. No activity since '14.
    ICAO
    ---------