Hello!

jenny.kaczorowski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm finally getting around to posting... Procrastination is one of my strong suits. I have written YA fantasy/paranormal since high school, but was always too self conscious to share my work. I finally decided it was time to do something with all the snippets of stories I jotted down instead of taking notes in college (I wrote a really great story during a summer micro econ class!) and wrote Guardian, my first full length novel. Two years and a baby later, I'm finally ready to start querying (eck!). I was a quarter finalist for this year's ABNA and met some wonderful folks through the process - and received many recommendations for joining this site. Now that I'm out of editing purgatory, I'm ready to meet some other writers, share what I've learned and give/get feedback. I am a voracious reader, but need to hone my critiquing skills. I have a background in journalism and am a stickler for typos, despite poor proof-reading skills. I'd love help out my fellow writers and look forward to sharing whatever feedback I can.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome :hi:

Make sure you get 50 posts so that you can share work on the Share Your Work thread... :D

Crock-o-dile

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, nice to meet you. I know what you mean about being self-conscious about your writing. For the longest time, I don't think even my family knew that I wrote. I'm finally getting a little more confident about it.

Best of luck!

JanelleRH

A dream within a dream
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't have trouble letting friends read my storys, but it never left my sight while they were reading. Over protective I guess. I wrote for fun and didn't thing they were good enough to even contemplate getting them published. That was untill one of my friend's husband yelled at me that I would never know if it was good enough if I never tryed. So here I am. :)

JanelleRH

Mandiloo322

[Shhhh....I'm writing.]
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Best of luck with querying! I'm at that stage now as well, and I think "eck" sums it up nicely.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
Writing is easy. Just put your mind in neitral and just idle on. Like a car. Sometimes I have to put the brakes on just to preserve my sanity. The hard part is marketing. It drives me crazy. Like patsy Cline. It drove her crazy.

Come on, floo, we gotta keep a lumbalin along. Floo, he's, he's, he's a floo and his name is Floo as well. He is a 8 foot Dodo bird from the floo tribe. He by-passed evolution, you see. He's dumb by our standards, but he's the smartest dodo on the planet simply because he by-passed evolution. Now he teaches school. Part time.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages.They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Glad to have you join us!