AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Bobolink Media Inc.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

[Publisher] Bobolink Media Inc.

Recovered from 7/10/11:

Today, 01:28 AM
    Flur
    practical experience, FTW

Does anyone know anything about Bobolink Media? I just visited my local B&N and searched through the local picture book section. I found a few titles with Bobolink listed as the publisher.

(link removed due to threat of virus.)

I didn't register for their site, so maybe more information is provided to members, but I can't tell if it's a traditional publisher or a self-publishing company. There's very little information and no submission guidelines. They have a list of authors, which almost seem "in-house"...?

What am I missing? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Today, 02:00 AM
    jairey
    figuring it all out

I just got a major threat notice from AVG when I tried to go to the site.
    Today, 02:08 AM
    Flur

Hmm.. that's strange. Nothing comes up on mine when I visit their site. I know at least the company is fairly reputable as they have books available at Bookmans and B&N, I just can't determine if it's traditional or self publishing, and no indication is given.
    Today, 02:15 AM
    tinasamuels
    Resident Nonfictioner

Avast is giving me a "Trojan Horse" threat when I click on the link and refuses to load (thankfully). So yea.
    Today, 02:24 AM
    Flur

Ugh.. sorry guys. I'll delete this thread.
    Today, 02:31 AM
    Giant Baby
    thinks you're pretty.

No need to delete the thread, just re-edit your post to remove the offending link. It's nothing you did.
    Today, 02:35 AM
    alleycat
    You slow reader. Turn page.
    AW Moderator

You won't be able to delete the thread. Remove the link; we'll see about deleting the thread later.
    Today, 02:38 AM
    CaoPaux
    Mostly Harmless
    SuperModerator

Originally Posted by jairey View Post
    I just got a major threat notice from AVG when I tried to go to the site.
    Yep, me too (Avast). JS:Iframe-BQ [trj]

Site hasn't been updated in a while. Latest book was published earlier this year, but is not on Amazon. The books that are listed at Amazon, etc. have The RGU Group as publisher, which is likely the printer and not uncommon in POD situations.

Niche small press aimed at school libraries, I'm guessing.
    Today, 02:43 AM
    Flur

So.. likely POD? Even though they had a few books in major bookstores here?
    Today, 02:53 AM
    CaoPaux
    Mostly Harmless
    SuperModerator

POD doesn't preclude bookstore presence if they offer the discounts and returns stores expect. That said, in reading up more on The RGU Group, they look to be a specialty packager, so it's likely not POD after all.

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Bobolink Media is a small traditional press that bought out RGU's book division a couple of years ago. I have had books published with them, and I'm very satisfied with the way they have promoted my books.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updating link: http://www.bobolinkmedia.com/index.php

Was either bought by Sunbelt Publications (http://www.sunbeltbook.com/), or made a distribution deal with them. In any case, Amazon now lists the books as pubbed by Sunbelt (they're listed as Bobolink on Sunbelt's site).
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: