What!? No Romanian thread?

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Be careful and stay warm over there. We're having a rather warm and mostly snowless winter this season. We got about two inches last night and that's been the most we've had at one time so far. This area seems to tend to not get as much snow as others because of Lake Erie. February and March are usually our snowiest months here. I'm used to living in western Michigan where lake effect snow is common, so it's strange for me living here in this part of Ohio where it seems heavy snow is something that doesn't happen often.

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, the weather is terrible here. - 20 to - 32 degrees celsius during the night, heavy snow, blizzards. There are whole villages stranded because of the snow, with no food or electricity, and it's still snowing and it will be for the next few days. After that we're expecting a new wave of cold air so the temperatures will be down again to - 30 during the night. There were -24 in the morning when I left for work.

There's only - 30 degrees C at the South Pole, while we had -32.5 in some places. So yea, it's a warm winter. :))

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. :(

We're having a cold, but very sunny, winter. Can't remember having so much sun in winter months.

Take care of yourselves out there. :Hug2:

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
my mother-in-law is from a small village outside Pitesti, about an hour or two from Bucharest. we've heard that she is snowed in, in Pitesti at a relative's apartment, been there for about a week now. my husband is worried about his Grandmother, who is in his hometown village completely stranded. i've heard the snow is quite high, to the tops of windows in some cases. that it's a national disaster.

i hope the snow melts soon and that people are not too cold. i don't know how you get firewood in such a situation. my guess is that you just don't get wood. which is awful to think about.

keep warm and hang in there, in Romania! been there 4 times.

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
picture of Romanian snow

pb-120214-romania-snow2photoblog900.jpg

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I've seen some of those and watched a news broadcast on the snow. My ex told me he's never heard of so much snow before in Romania, ever. And people here whine about an inch or two. I posted these pics on Facebook so the whiners can stop their whining. lol

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
Hello! In Bucharest is better than there, but it is still an adventure to skate/ swim to work... When I described this impossible weather now, my American friends called it "slushie". Not sure what is it, but I guess it is their equivalent of "flescaiala". A Romanian word which our first English consultant (who experienced a winter here, not as heavy as this one, it was 1992 I think) loved...

Nimram

sometimes woefully inaccurate
Registered
Reaction score
Salut,
prima postare trebuie sa fie in romana daca tot am unde.
Bine (ca)v-am gasit!
Zapada se topeste si incepe sa miroasa a primavara. hehe..wishful thinkin'

shayla.mist

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yey! Somebody new! Bine ai venit, nimram!
Intr-adevar vine primavara. Au iesit ghioceii si afara e caldut. Finally! Dupa asa o iarna abia asteptam caldura.

Nimram

sometimes woefully inaccurate
Registered
Reaction score
Bucuresti. Abia am aterizat pe forum:). Nu mi-a venit sa cred cand am gasit sute de pagini cu chestii destepte. Ar trebui sa-mi iau liber o saptamana ca sa trec prin ele rapid:flag:.

rhetoric by rosalie

Registered
Reaction score
It'll be May before all that snow has melted. (Hope I'm not repeating something already said in Romanian. I think I interpreted something about springtime and the month of May above.) Warm thoughts to you all over there. It's a warm 60 F here in Maryland. Normally we have very cold weather and a lot of snow or ice storms this time of year....global warming I guess.:Sun: