The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Night Heron Press

Pondering Octopus Husbandry

Night Heron Press

http://www.nightheronpress.com/

Has anyone worked with them or know anything about them? They're taking submissions for an anthology right now, but there's no payment information on their website, and I can't find mention of them here, on Preditors & Editors, or Duotrope.

From their website, I'd say they were new - they have sections for authors/books but everything says Coming Soon.

(Edit: Ah, I see they started accepting submissions on June 15th.)
    Follow me on Twitter or come read my blog!

Latest novel:City of Hope and Ruin (Turtleduck Press, May 2016)

Last short story published: A Constant Companion - Aug 2016

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    We had a thread on this which seems to have vanished. The conclusion, as I recall, that the press was owned by the writer of its debut release. Thus perhaps another case of 'self-publisher wants to branch out'. That release doesn't seem to be posted any more.
    Last edited by veinglory; 07-13-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Emily Veinglory

They have an account here at AW...but I don't know how to search for users. They're "nightheronpress"

ETA: Right and I'll behave like someone who knows how to use a freaking computer--"advanced search" will get you there. But JL Benet posted the thread while I was looking.
    Last edited by JSSchley; 07-13-2011 at 09:48 PM.

I think this is the post you were thinking of:
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=216761

Banned
    It seems like AW lost all their current stuff because current posts in current threads are missing, and even my CP lost all the recent comments.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    There was no previous thread on Night Heron in BR&BC. The thread JL_Benet linked to is in Paying Markets.

(I do have a list of threads that were lost, and will restore as time permits.)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Website is currently "undergoing a facelift", and neither Facebook page or blog has been updated since inception.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: