The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Shimmerzine

THE BEARD IS BACK, BABY! captain_ryan's Avatar

Shimmerzine

I just received a very nice rejection letter from Shimmerzine. I know it's odd to say a rejection was very nice, but it was.

Their senior editor took the time to write an email geared toward the specifics in my submission. She was very polite. Before submitting, I had also sent them a question which they answered in about a day's time. The usual turn around on submissions for Shimmerzine is about three weeks according to their site. I got mine back in about three days. Overall, I was very pleased with their professionalism and personal approach.

They are a great paying market of $10 per. They do mainly fantasy with some science fiction and horror. I'd strongly suggest giving them a try. Even if you're rejected, they're very gracious about it.
    "It was a dark and stormy night. I had just taken a creative writing course." - Crow T. Robot

"Dying while writing has got to be

Represent.
    That's what my experience has been as well. Very fast and polite. I don't think they've ever taken longer than a couple of weeks to respond to my submissions, and most of the time more like one week.
    NaNoWriMo:
    The Forest of Oblivion 51,077/50,000
    Finished!