One Minute Weird Tales

captain_ryan

THE BEARD IS BACK, BABY!
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a flash piece twice to One Minute Weird Tales.

The first time I submitted to them (last year), the wait went far beyond the 6-8 week time projected on their site. I sent an e-mail asking about it and promptly got a form rejection. At the time, their website hadn't been updated for a long stint, and I think there were some changes going on in the mag's structure.

Sure enough, after some time, the site has been updated and their submission process is now streamlined using a tracker similar to the one employed by (I'm going off of memory here, so I could be wrong on which mag) Asimov's for short stories. I submitted the same piece as before. I know that this is bad form in some circles, but I was unsure if the first rejection was under a different person looking for different aspects. I'm the kind of guy who leaves no stone unturned, so I tried again. This time, the Weird Tales website acknowledged that they were swamped and it could go longer than the typical 6-8 weeks. This time, it took 11 weeks, and I got another form rejection.

That's my experience. Has anyone else submitted or gotten in? As I look through their account on YouTube (earthlingperson) I see that there are only two One-Minute Weird Tales posted, and these were the same from last year. Can anyone offer clarification?

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted one for the first time today. We'll see what happens.

It took about 3 months for a response to a non-flash piece I sent them recently.