July 11-12 AW Outage and Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Great job - but now everything is BIGGER - fonts - et al. Maybe it's my computer, which has been a little brat the past few days.

Deleted member 42

Great job - but now everything is BIGGER - fonts - et al. Maybe it's my computer, which has been a little brat the past few days.

You have ultimate control over fonts in your browser's preferences; you can set them to whatever you'd like there.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
You know, Mac, I lost about 18,000 posts and I'm really upset. that and the ten thousand rep points....so sad...

:ROFL:

Really glad we're back. Don't do that to me again, dangit.

Thanks shawkins!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I did not miss it, I was here for the AWpocalypse, but I didn't lose too much. Just Susie and Sara reps - which are priceless, but there will be more. :D

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
I lost one post. :D Apparently, this was a "good" time to not be on AW much...*

I actually didn't panic. I almost did. I tried AW and got a page of white and techno-sounding error messages and I almost panicked, but decided that I'd wait a few days and if AW was still down, *then* I could panic.

Hey, wait a sec... AW's on Twitter? AND Facebook? Why didn't I know this? (Um. Yeah. Don't answer that...) Another good reason to start checking the Twitter account I haven't actually... er... used. At all. I'm soooo not social media-y.

Also, I already knew Mac and Medi were teh bomb-diggetiest AW superheroes, but now I get to add SHawkins to that list. Cool. (I'm not sure I was even alive when "bomb-diggety" was an actual used term. I'm not sure it ever *was* an actual used term. Huh. I wonder if that means I'm a nerd, or just really, really weird. Or both.)

I am sooooooooooo glad AW was fixed before I panicked. I really, really didn't want to panic. I can't deal with panic right now, dangit! O.0

*not that there's ever a "good" time for such...

ETA: Also, Medi, the browser-preference-text-size thing also helped me. I'd noticed a text-size change awhile ago, but never figured out why--must have been when I switched over to Firefox. You iz a lifesaver!!!!1!

...is it just me, or am I babbling more than usual today? :tongue

Last edited:

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all who worked so hard on this. I felt no apology was warranted, after all, Mac, it ain't like anyone was to blame. Just glad were back together.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the whole thing, . . .

Me, too. I was off hiding under a rock after being a jerk to a long-time AW friend. Can you re-do the AWpocalypse for me? I didn't get to lose anything. Maybe not even the friend if I can help it.

Nevertheless, my sincerest thanks to hero SHawkins, Medievalist, and MacAllister who do so much for so many for so little appreciation.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, totally agreed! Thanks go to SHawkins, Medievalist, and Mac!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.