Track changes spontaneously switches colors

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
This is driving me bananas because I'm tired of constantly turning Track Changes on and off. While I'm editing, if I go back and try to delete something I've just typed, it treats it like a change from a different author and does a strikethrough instead of an actual delete. Track Changes also spontaneously changes color every so often while I'm typing, again acting like I'm a different author. So in one paragraph, I can have both green and blue text -- if I try to delete blue text, for example, I never know whether it will actually delete it or whether it will turn green and strike through instead.

What can I do to stop this? I have Word for Mac. Thanks!

ETA: I also noticed that sometimes a sentence that starts as blue turns green after I hit Enter. This is driving me nuts!

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I haven't accepted the changes because I need to keep them visible for my editor. I did some searching on this problem and all I found is "that version of Word is buggy."

ETA: OK, it seems to have settled down for now. Grrrrr.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Keep in mind that the colors etc. are ed controlled locally. If you send the file to someone else, their color choices prevail.

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Ah okay. I misunderstood. I thought you didn't want them on.

I haven't accepted the changes because I need to keep them visible for my editor. I did some searching on this problem and all I found is "that version of Word is buggy."

ETA: OK, it seems to have settled down for now. Grrrrr.