Cubase help needed. Help!

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy,

After an evening of intellectual discussion and sensible drinking, aye right, I quite fancied a night of mellotron inspired creation to annoy the neighbours.

But a big big problem.

I only want Cubase to access the VST things. I don't record with it. And I haven't used it for some time.

So I connected everything up via a USB MIDI connection.

I'm getting sounds in, the meter moves, and I get audio through the GM mapper. A rotten piano sound, mind you, but it shows the connections are fine.

So why am I not getting Tapeworm out the speakers?

I must admit that I'm also getting a sound engine can't start error. This, I fear, may be the problem. But I'm stuck.

Can some kind person allow this useless drunkard to bash out Watcher of the Skies and Strawberry Fields before he goes up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire?

Regards

Whacko.

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
I could be wrong on this, but I don't think anybody here is really able to answer this. Have you tried the Cubase forums? http://www.steinberg.net/forum/ Keep in mind that you will have to be as specific as possible in your error. You will have to list the steps you took to get the error, full system specs, cubase version, everything. Even the seemingly minor stuff.

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Arcadia. Turned out to be a soundcard fault.

ETA - tried to send a reppy but all this new-fangled technology's defeated me again!

Regards

Whacko

Last edited: