• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Less Than Three Press

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Here's their AW thread: <snipped>
My impression, gathered over several years of watching them? A decent small press for Male/Male romance, erotic or otherwise, but I'm not sure they do a lot of marketing for writers.

Last edited by a moderator:

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Would anyone who's worked with LT3 be willing to talk about your experience with promo and/or sales?

Also, what are their contract terms? 2 yrs? 5? 7? I might have missed it but couldn't find that info on their website.

TIA!

Last edited:

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
LT3 contract is for 5 years.

PenSD

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking of submitting to LT3 so read several of their recent releases, and was really disappointed in the quality--one was nearly incoherent in terms of being able to follow the characters and action. I know that quality can be really uneven at lots of presses. Does anybody have favorites/best ofs that were published by LT3? I'd like to take a look at what might be the upper end of their output.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I like Megan Derr's revised & reissued M/M fantasies, which are much better than their first round six-odd years ago. But I have noticed spotty and downright strange editing for other LT3 authors. It's too bad. I like the press.

FTR, Megan Derr is the CEO of LT3.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I know, we follow each other on Twitter. :)

I know several other publishers on Twitter whom I adore as people & fellow writers, but (in my personal opinion) I would have to be insane to publish with them.

LT3 is one of those places that can have great sales and solid editing on some books... then wall-to-wall typos for others. Until this particular house shows better overall quality, I'm holding back querying them.

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Commenting as a reader rather than author: Most of their covers are bad (as in they look to me like your average self-publisher-made-their-own covers) and the editing I've seen is poor. I don't see much to entice readers so I wouldn't think they could offer me much as a writer.

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really glad to have found this thread. I actually thought about submitting one of my manuscripts to LT3 because it accepts incest. However, I don't think I will do that now. I'm a decent writer, and most of my manuscripts, especially the more recent ones, have gotten better in terms of quality; less editing is required, as well. Having said that, my manuscript isn't perfect. AT ALL. I still need an editor to catch the mistakes that I and my proofreaders fail to catch. I guess I'll have to consider self-publishing that particular manuscript.