• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Magazine] The Toad Suck Review

snowdog

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at Barnes & Noble in New York City, and I have a couple of magazines in front of me. One is called the Toad Suck Review. You can check out the submission guidelines here.

Here's one interesting bit:

Our guidelines are very open and ambiguous. Don’t send us too much and don’t make it too long. If you send on email, use Word or rtf. We’re easy. If it works, we’ll be in touch.

Uh-huh?? What is that supposed to mean? The warning bells are going off in my head.

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at Barnes & Noble in New York City, and I have a couple of magazines in front of me. One is called the Toad Suck Review. You can check out the submission guidelines here.

Here's one interesting bit:

Uh-huh?? What is that supposed to mean? The warning bells are going off in my head.

I agree with veinglory. Quirky. It's put out by the University of Central Arkansas Department of Writing so it's on the up and up. Lots of little literary magazines don't give word count or content directives so they don't narrow down the range of submissions.

Nothing shady, though.

I love the name. Are the stories any good? Quirky fiction, to match? If you like the contents, seems like a good place to submit.

Shelley

Last edited:

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, you may want to check out the Duotrope listing so you know what you're getting into if you submit there. It's one of their most unresponsive and slow markets. Just good to be informed going in!

Shelley