The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Magazine] The Toad Suck Review

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin snowdog's Avatar

[Magazine] The Toad Suck Review

I'm at Barnes & Noble in New York City, and I have a couple of magazines in front of me. One is called the Toad Suck Review. You can check out the submission guidelines here.

Here's one interesting bit:

Our guidelines are very open and ambiguous. Don’t send us too much and don’t make it too long. If you send on email, use Word or rtf. We’re easy. If it works, we’ll be in touch.
    Uh-huh?? What is that supposed to mean? The warning bells are going off in my head.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Quirky, but I don't see any red flags. It means they'll consider most things.
    Emily Veinglory

Just another face in a red jumpsuit shelleyo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I'm at Barnes & Noble in New York City, and I have a couple of magazines in front of me. One is called the Toad Suck Review. You can check out the submission guidelines here.

Here's one interesting bit:

Uh-huh?? What is that supposed to mean? The warning bells are going off in my head.
    I agree with veinglory. Quirky. It's put out by the University of Central Arkansas Department of Writing so it's on the up and up. Lots of little literary magazines don't give word count or content directives so they don't narrow down the range of submissions.

Nothing shady, though.

I love the name. Are the stories any good? Quirky fiction, to match? If you like the contents, seems like a good place to submit.

Shelley
    Last edited by shelleyo; 06-26-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    "Now, come on, as you guys get older you'll realize people don't mean to be obnoxious, it's just that they're all screwed up inside." -- Joel, MST3K, Gamera

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin snowdog's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated.

Just another face in a red jumpsuit shelleyo's Avatar
    Hey, you may want to check out the Duotrope listing so you know what you're getting into if you submit there. It's one of their most unresponsive and slow markets. Just good to be informed going in!

Shelley
    "Now, come on, as you guys get older you'll realize people don't mean to be obnoxious, it's just that they're all screwed up inside." -- Joel, MST3K, Gamera

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: