Urban Fantasy by Aw'ers

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there all. I've been reading a lot of Urban Fantasy lately and I'm interested in forming up a list of to be read that consists of the self published, e-published, or commercially published AW'ers. I figure most of them are newbies like me, some write quite well, but they could all use a boost in sales. Now they don't have to be Urban Fantasy, I'll most likely read just about any published works from a fellow struggling writer. So do you know of any? And please if you're the writer feel free to promote yourself.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Darkshore!

One starting place for you might be the AW Library, which lists books published by AW members. It is organised by genre. Urban fantasy books can be found in its Science Fiction/Fantasy section.

Fade

The Captain of My Soul
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you can always go to the AW library to see plenty of selection http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93 (science fiction/fantasy section).

I read Evernight series by Claudia Gray, but that's YA paranormal romance, I think, not strictly urban fantasy (It was good, imo).

Something that looks good that I haven't gotten around to reading is Three Days To Dead, by Kelly Meding (Chaos Titan).

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Ah I forgot all about the AW Library. I still think this would be a fun thread though :D. I'll have to check out Three Days To Dead for sure, possibly the Ya Pa but I'm not big on romance hehe.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I know I won't remember them all, but for starters you can check out Stacia Kane, Kelly Meding, Kasey Mackenzie, Jill Myles, and my books... ;)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I will shamelessly pimp myself. ;) Second book comes out next Tuesday!

I would also recommend John Levitt's Dog Days series. One of my favorites.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
I will shamelessly pimp myself. ;) Second book comes out next Tuesday!

I would also recommend John Levitt's Dog Days series. One of my favorites.

So soon? :D I'll defiantly pick it up. I read your first and found it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the other recommendations I'll have to read yours as well Jess, cover art looks promising :p.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
I'll do some self-pimpage as well, my second UF, Green-Eyed Envy, officially releases in um, less than an hour. Any and all sales are greatly appreciated!

And I will heartily recommend all the AWers mentioned above me, even the ones still on my reading list. =)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
*Points to sig* :D

Also, Kevin Hearne's (I forgot his username) Iron Druid series. Brilliant. :)