Red Dragon by Thomas Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Without a doubt, the best psychological thriller I ever read. I was absolutely grabbed by the story, and Harris's characters (Yes, even Hannibal) practically came to life on the pages. Harris, like Stephen King, is one of those mainstream writers whose work borders on serious literature, IMHO. This book transformed me into a Hannibal Lecter fan. I have all of the films, including Manhunter and excluding Hannibal Rising.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I enjoyed this one, but I actually liked HANNIBAL better. The movie version was trash, but the book was excellent.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad Harris isn't as prolific a writer as King. I totally agree with you, Jess, on Hannibal the book being brilliant as opposed to the crap movie with the sellout ending. I was so disappointed that they chickened out on that.

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I disliked the last two books, but I wish he'd come out with his next already, Hannibal-related or not.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked both The Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal. I agree that Red Dragon was the best of his books, though. That sense of tension he created is unparallelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.