Dust 514

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Official Site.
I wasn't sure if I should have put this here or in the EVE online thread.

Dust 514 is the planet-side combat to EVE online. It's being developed by CCP, and the two games will interact with one another.

My biggest problem is this "PS3-exclusive."
I imagine this decision came about because of the shooter-nature of combat, and because they want to take it slow. I hope it doesn't stay a console-exclusive, I'm willing to give this one a try.

Edit:
Concept Walkthrough
Integration Interview

Dec 2012 release.
Initial price to pay, and then it's F2P with micro-transactions. It will be a digital download.

Last edited:

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
My biggest problem is this "PS3-exclusive."
I imagine this decision came about because of the shooter-nature of combat, and because they want to take it slow. I hope it doesn't stay a console-exclusive, I'm willing to give this one a try.
Why would it being an FPS make it console-exclusive? I've never understood people who play FPSs on consoles...

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
As I understand it, they want to expand their userbase. They want to make a console FPS, and PC gamers would nuke any console gamer. It wouldn't be a fair fight. And the PS3 connection is because XBox and Microsoft won't allow the hookup to the Eve Online servers. It has to go through XBox live. Nintendo? Too small.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
As I understand it, they want to expand their userbase. They want to make a console FPS, and PC gamers would nuke any console gamer. It wouldn't be a fair fight. And the PS3 connection is because XBox and Microsoft won't allow the hookup to the Eve Online servers. It has to go through XBox live. Nintendo? Too small.
Well, if people want to bring a controller to a mouse/keyboard fight, that's their choice... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.