Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Geez, I hope there's not another trilogy for this story. The current one has been more than a trilogy, as we've had four main console games now (that doesn't include the portable games), waiting on a fifth.

Besides, the story takes place at the end of 2012 and Ubisoft's CEO has already said that it wouldn't make sense to be continuing a story that takes place in December 2012 in the games past the actual December 2012 in real life.

I hope they end this story with the game next year. It's dragged on too long already. They can have other AC games in the future that involve other stories.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, I hope there's not another trilogy for this story. The current one has been more than a trilogy, as we've had four main console games now (that doesn't include the portable games), waiting on a fifth.

Besides, the story takes place at the end of 2012 and Ubisoft's CEO has already said that it wouldn't make sense to be continuing a story that takes place in December 2012 in the games past the actual December 2012 in real life.

I hope they end this story with the game next year. It's dragged on too long already. They can have other AC games in the future that involve other stories.

I think he declared that December 2012 would be the deadline for finishing Desmond's story, so hopefully we'll see other environments and time periods afterwards.

If the world doesn't ends, that is.

sparkypants

Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one who just doesn't care about Desmond, whatsoever? He is SO boring, and whiny, I can't stand him. And it doesn't help he didn't inherit any of the sexy hero looks/name either :e2yawn:. I hate being sucked out of the animus, just so he can whine about being stuck in it and generally act like a douche. Doesn't interest me whatsoever.

I know this is it for Ezio and Altair but I realllly hope they don't make the next game Desmond running around somewhere modern and predictable like New York. I just don't care. I love the history and discovering somewhere and sometime new. Ezio and Altair revolve around just one apple and I'm pretty sure they said at some point there were many pieces, so hopefully we can jump around history a bit more to find the rest!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Ezio's has the trilogy. Altair got one (two if including the PSP game). If you go by the naming system and they end with AC3, then it's still a trilogy, though one of them has three chapters. ;)

I use the term because I heard Ubisoft use it in interviews for Brotherhood and Revelations. *shrug*

But it's my favorite game and it keeps getting better and I don't want it to end, y'see.

They can end Desmond if we can keep getting other games. That's fine with me.

Am I the only one who just doesn't care about Desmond, whatsoever? He is SO boring, and whiny, I can't stand him. And it doesn't help he didn't inherit any of the sexy hero looks/name either :e2yawn:. I hate being sucked out of the animus, just so he can whine about being stuck in it and generally act like a douche. Doesn't interest me whatsoever.

I'm not as much a fan of Desmond as I am for his ancestors, however he's gotten better as the games have progressed. And, FWIW, Desmond and Altair were based on the same French-Canadian model (and it's really obvious in the first game), so I think it's a little unfair to say he doesn't have to hero looks. And he's whined less about it each game. Ezio whines more about being old in the last two than Desmond's kvetched about being in the animus.

I know this is it for Ezio and Altair but I realllly hope they don't make the next game Desmond running around somewhere modern and predictable like New York. I just don't care. I love the history and discovering somewhere and sometime new. Ezio and Altair revolve around just one apple and I'm pretty sure they said at some point there were many pieces, so hopefully we can jump around history a bit more to find the rest!

If you played the DaVinci DLC and got the coordinates, the location of the temple is in upstate NY, not the city. Depending on how they do the temple and all that, it could be as interesting as some of the ancient temples Ezio's explored. Hopefully moreso.

They haven't disappointed me greatly, so I'm willing to trust them.

I just don't want the series to end. I like the idea of picking up with the sword or the staff or any of the other POE and keep going with kicking Templar butt for a long while.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Desmond's kinda grown on me, too. They need to make his clothes look less dorky, though. His hoodie is ridiculously tight around his hips.

I heard the third AC is going to be about an ancestor before Altair, possibly in ancient Egypt. I'd love that!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the main story line. Nice lead-in for the next game.

I didn't get 100% (wasn't trying hard) and didn't do all the Desmond Journeys. That mega-1st person screws with my perception afterward and I'm physically shaking about 3 minutes into it. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do those. *sigh* Certainly hope that's not something they want to continue doing in future games.

So I won't get those trophies, but I can't get all the trophies anyway since I don't play multiplayer. *shrug*

Still, the ending of AC:R is far superior to the ending of AC:B.

Oh, and when you're infiltrating the party, make sure you hear as many songs as you can. They're hilarious! We all were roaring with laughter. So funny. And each button is a different song, as far as I can tell. Worth replaying the memory just to hear them all. :D

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, the songs made me laugh, too. And I H-A-T-E first-person perspective, which is why I hate first person shooters, so the Desmond Memories really pissed me off but I struggled through anyway so I could get the Desmond skin. I wish I didn't hate them because I'd like to be able to enjoy games like HALO and Call of Duty but, alas, I hate them.

The Desmond Memories really aren't all that important and don't really add much to the story. They're not really interesting like finding the 20 or so memory bits in AC2 which combined into that freaky-yet-cool little "The Truth" video of Adam and Eve escaping wherever they were.

Only thing the Desmond memories get you is the Desmond character skin, so you can play Ezio's memories as Desmond. Kind of cool that when you play with that skin, all the grunts and other guttural noises are in Desmond's voice (Nolan North) instead of Ezio's. A small detail but it shows they were at least paying attention to some of the small stuff. I didn't play with that skin long enough to see if any of the dialogue is by Nolan, too. I doubt that it is but it would be neat if it were.

Last edited:

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I have problem with 1st game-play too. Though I did play Crysis 2 recently. That wasn't so bad. Something about it was way less disorienting than these scenes with Desmond.

Hey, have you guys seen the Lego remake of the AC:R trailer?

samsevern

Chasm Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the (brilliant) story and am now grinding multiplayer. Add me if you want, my name is "kellis35".

Obviously, the main point people are complaining about right now is that gameplay in the AC series hasn't changed since AC2, but onestly, why fix what isn't broken? Gotta say though, the new Hookblade flows into the game incredibly smoothly.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I was playing through the DNA to get to 100% sync and realized something really funny:

Once you've finished the game, Altair always has his 92yo face, even when he's supposed to be 24. It's pretty hilarious! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.