http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U
stamp.gif

I weep for this country.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Ew, Def Leopard.

See what I did there? :p We can argue about musical tastes all day.

P.S. Justin Bieber is Canadian. As an American, I joyfully proclaim, "Not ours!" and touch my nose.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, there is no good music today, and there was no crappy pop music in 1982. And this is the most important sign of our nation's decline, worthy of a new thread just to gripe about those singing Canadian kids on your lawn.

Arcturus

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there is no good music today, and there was no crappy pop music in 1982. And this is the most important sign of our nation's decline, worthy of a new thread just to gripe about those singing Canadian kids on your lawn.

Yeahh..you DID watch that last one?
thblink.gif

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see how "Whip My Hair" is much different than any annoying 80s song, like "Sussudio".

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this thread going anywhere, or is it just going to be a lot of bickering about which canned pop music sucks more?

zzzzzzz.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Is this thread going anywhere, or is it just going to be a lot of bickering about which canned pop music sucks more?

zzzzzzz.

Heh. You didn't click my links, obviously. Sussudio isn't exactly a good representation of what kids were listening to in '82. Of course, I wasn't your normal kid either.

*is playing more Sex Pistols on YouTube at the moment*

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Recognizable hook and lyrics that make sense?

Yes. Willow's lyrics make sense. And she's only ten years old. That's pretty much the diff.

Let's continue arguing over an incredibly subjective thing. :p

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wait, this is a 'kids these days' thread?

Back in my day, people used to be able to leave their doors unlocked. Kids didn't have these new fangled cellphones attached to their hands. Cell phones are the downfall of the world, I say! Now we have all those tiny buttons and kids wearing their pants around their ankles and tweeting about their day. Back in my day, we had to write on paper!

*rocks in rockingchair*

SirOtter

Il Cavaliere Marino
Registered
Reaction score

Really. It's not like there's been anything worth listening to since Exile on Main Street came out, anyhow. :Þ

newbound

It's my turn!
Registered
Reaction score
I whip my hair back and forth! Let's sing that over and over again, and we have a song! woo hoo!

The only thing that can be said about that video is that Will and Jada sure are pushing their little kids into things they should be waiting a few years for. But they sure make attractive kiddies though.

Arcturus

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Willow's lyrics make sense. And she's only ten years old. That's pretty much the diff.

May I present for your consideration, Maria Isabel, she was also ten when she WROTE this song. It's in spanish but the gist of the song is about also about being true to yourself. Basically she's pissed because this boy she likes talked bad about her to her friends. Because she's deep Spain, some things don't translate quite as well, but you'll get the main idea.

I found out about this one because I was friends with a voice coach in France who only works with the best of the best and he uses this one as a model for his younger students. He and I spent most of last summer talking about singers.

This song went Platinum in 2005 when it was released.

Spanish/English translation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG25zpUkKdE

Original Spanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZCcgZy9HB8

Willow is manufactured, completely autotuned and put together. Maria (who is still recording today) is not.

Who deserves her recording contract?

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
P.S. Justin Bieber is Canadian. As an American, I joyfully proclaim, "Not ours!" and touch my nose.

Def Leppard aren't yours either. They come from Sheffield.

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that makes an artist good is their sales.

Don't give me that BS (Sales don't matter), yes they do as this is their job. Because you may say an Artist like Bieber is bad, and I may say he is good. However that is just mere opinion. Yet "sales" is cold hard facts.

Justin Bieber is one of the most viewed people on youtube, his songs have been sold by the millions. However people still find a reason to hate on him, and it's starting to become annoying. >.>

Can all you Justin Bieber haters stop hating on the kid for doing what you couldn't do? Make a crap ton of money.

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
DIE Just Bieber???? A bit strong shurely.;)

I think this JB tune is rather nice. It's slowed down 800% mind you, but if you like Eno, Lanois or the Cocteau Twins it may well be worth investigating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M

Regards

Whacko

Arcturus

Registered
Reaction score
The only thing that makes an artist good is their sales.

Don't give me that BS (Sales don't matter), yes they do as this is their job. Because you may say an Artist like Bieber is bad, and I may say he is good. However that is just mere opinion. Yet "sales" is cold hard facts.

Justin Bieber is one of the most viewed people on youtube, his songs have been sold by the millions. However people still find a reason to hate on him, and it's starting to become annoying. >.>

Can all you Justin Bieber haters stop hating on the kid for doing what you couldn't do? Make a crap ton of money.

Def Leppard- 60 million album sales, still recording

Justin Bieber- 4 million and forgotten in two years maybe less.

Off the top of my head I can only name one mainstream Pop act that's still recording after five years, Pink.

In Country music

George Strait OVER 20 years and still recording.

My biggest issue is Autotune should be nominated for a Grammy. The music industry has a lot to explain over the likes of Kei$ha and other "assembled in sixty seconds" disposable acts. It's literally all about whose next?

Chumala

Registered
Reaction score
Def Leppard- 60 million album sales, still recording

Justin Bieber- 4 million and forgotten in two years maybe less.

Off the top of my head I can only name one mainstream Pop act that's still recording after five years, Pink.

In Country music

George Strait OVER 20 years and still recording.

My biggest issue is Autotune should be nominated for a Grammy. The music industry has a lot to explain over the likes of Kei$ha and other "assembled in sixty seconds" disposable acts. It's literally all about whose next?

You're comparing a band that has been around for 30 years to a kid who made it famous on youtube?

Also those numbers don't seem correct as Bieber has sold 2.1 million copies of just his debute song alone.

I know how to settle this! To Google Fight!!!!!!

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Justin+Bieber&word2=Def+Leppard

Bieber had 26,300,000

Def had 1,630,000.

Bieber clearly wins in this case. :p

But really there is no "good" or "bad" music as you are proclaiming. Music is just an expression.