DIE Justin Beiber!!!

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC are rerunning Top of the Pops from 1976 just now.

TOTP, as it's called, was a music show dedicated to the chart hits of the moment. Something like Dick Clark's Bandstand for you ex-Colonials.:tongue

But Jebus, some of the hits, even the Number 1s, were truly terrible.

Naturally I quite enjoy them.

Yet Pop music is, and always has been, about people voting with their money.

And I still can't understand why this didn't get to the toppermost of the poppermost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ulYAE_GgnU

Regards

Whacko

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all for murdering Justin Bieber... in my dreams. Because clearly i don't have a jail sentence in mind xD but i do REALLY dislike him. Perhaps that's not a strong enough word? He sounds like a pubescent girl. I mean, really? so many tweens love him and well.. that kind of says it all these days. Kids these days wouldn't know the difference between real talent and just luck. I'm not saying Justin can't sing.... i'm just... oh i don't know what i'm saying... ehem.. DIE BEAVER BOY DIE! XD haha
And by the way... i like cheese. Cheesy music that is :) Then again.. not too heavy on the cheddar... it gets a bit sour then

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Kids these days wouldn't know the difference between real talent and just luck.

It's got fuck all to do with "these days." There is/was/always will be crap marketed to kids. I can't stand it when these discussions always had to turn into "my generation is so much better, smarter, and had better taste."

The Beatles are one of the most talented bands ever, but do you think that was the only reason they were famous? Do you honestly think there were no young fans who thought they were cool because they were cute and had awesome hair? Geez...

pbook

Registered
Reaction score
Bieber has more girls than an x chromosome

Arclight

The Dragon's Daughter
Registered
Reaction score
Willow would not have been allowed anywhere near a studio in the 90's, while Maria might have had a shot. Today, the reverse is true.

*cough* Milli Vanilli.

I'll agree that most music on the radio sucks, but radio is practically a dead medium anyway. You can still find good music, both on major labels and minor labels. You just have to look a bit harder than you used to.

Also, you can't use Rebecca Black as an example of how the music industry sucks because she's not signed to a legitimate label, and she's not getting play on radio or TV. I don't think anybody actually considers her a music artist.