• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Content site] Shvoong Ltd.

katrinka

Registered
Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
Saw this on what I thought was a reputable writer's newsletter:
Shvoong.com - Write Abstracts & Earn Money! The worldwide abstracts site invites you to write abstracts of books, articles, newspapers & websites. In return, you will receive royalties for life!
http://www.shvoong.com/flyer.aspx?c=29DB

So click on it to find out what it's all about. The FAQs remind me of sites like Constant-Content.com. It also originates in Israel, not that it means anything. Anyone know anything about them?

Marie

JennRatliff

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing "for" them for four months now. There isn't much to it, as the only money you see are from profits from clicks, which amounts to little more than pennies. It's worth the investment if you've got extra time,but I wouldn't use it as a real source of income. Good luck!

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
www.shvoong.com

The get writers to write abstracts, and put them up immediately on the net.
It is a way to have their site appear in search engines a million times over.

Has anyone had dealing with them?
They claim to pay according to popularity and # of hits..which is horrible anyway, (number of hits and advertising revenue they make off a page, which is in their contract but NOT spelled out.)

They are not a scam, but I can find no one who claims to ever have gotten money from them. Any of you out there have experience or heard something about these guys?

Teddy

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
TeddyG said:
The get writers to write abstracts, and put them up immediately on the net.
It is a way to have their site appear in search engines a million times over.

Has anyone had dealing with them?
They claim to pay according to popularity and # of hits..which is horrible anyway, (number of hits and advertising revenue they make off a page, which is in their contract but NOT spelled out.)

They are not a scam, but I can find no one who claims to ever have gotten money from them. Any of you out there have experience or heard something about these guys?

Teddy
We were just talking about these folks...ah, yes: <snipped>
IMO...they pay pennies for "abstracts" so they can rake in $$ from search hits.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Gone.

This website will shut down all servers on September 15, 2014

Dear Content Provider: Thank you for years of content produced in cooperation With Shvoong, It is time for us to say Goodbye. If you would like to have it, take the content from our website. The content will be available for two more weeks, for you to have. As of 15 September 2014, the site will no longer be available.