The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Content site] Shvoong Ltd.

[Content site] Shvoong Ltd.

Saw this on what I thought was a reputable writer's newsletter:
    Shvoong.com - Write Abstracts & Earn Money! The worldwide abstracts site invites you to write abstracts of books, articles, newspapers & websites. In return, you will receive royalties for life!
    http://www.shvoong.com/flyer.aspx?c=29DB

So click on it to find out what it's all about. The FAQs remind me of sites like Constant-Content.com. It also originates in Israel, not that it means anything. Anyone know anything about them?

Marie

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Yet another Google trap, IMO.

http://www.shvoong.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I've been writing "for" them for four months now. There isn't much to it, as the only money you see are from profits from clicks, which amounts to little more than pennies. It's worth the investment if you've got extra time,but I wouldn't use it as a real source of income. Good luck!

Thanks for your responses.
    Jenn, please keep me posted.

The Other Shoe Will Fall! TeddyG's Avatar

www.shvoong.com

The get writers to write abstracts, and put them up immediately on the net.
    It is a way to have their site appear in search engines a million times over.

Has anyone had dealing with them?
    They claim to pay according to popularity and # of hits..which is horrible anyway, (number of hits and advertising revenue they make off a page, which is in their contract but NOT spelled out.)

They are not a scam, but I can find no one who claims to ever have gotten money from them. Any of you out there have experience or heard something about these guys?

Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyG
    The get writers to write abstracts, and put them up immediately on the net.
    It is a way to have their site appear in search engines a million times over.

Has anyone had dealing with them?
    They claim to pay according to popularity and # of hits..which is horrible anyway, (number of hits and advertising revenue they make off a page, which is in their contract but NOT spelled out.)

They are not a scam, but I can find no one who claims to ever have gotten money from them. Any of you out there have experience or heard something about these guys?

Teddy
    We were just talking about these folks...ah, yes: <snipped>
    IMO...they pay pennies for "abstracts" so they can rake in $$ from search hits.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 06-08-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: threads merged
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Gone.

This website will shut down all servers on September 15, 2014

Dear Content Provider: Thank you for years of content produced in cooperation With Shvoong, It is time for us to say Goodbye. If you would like to have it, take the content from our website. The content will be available for two more weeks, for you to have. As of 15 September 2014, the site will no longer be available.
    ICAO
    ---------