The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Vineyard Literary Agency

new author

Vineyard Literary Agency

Is anyone familiar with this agency? I think they are fairly new but do have their own website: vineyardliteraryagency.com. They sound sincere and queries are on a submission form on their site. A husband and wife team. I don't find them in P&E or anywhere else. I dn't want to query them if they aren't good. No listing of sales.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Their only experience seems to be Evelyn's as "Associate Editor" at an unnamed agency. Regardless, open two years with no sign of clients or sales is not a good sign.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    Yes, they seem like sincere, nice people who are avid readers. BUT that's not going to sell your book to a publisher. The only mention of experience is that the wife worked as an associate editor for a literary agency. No mention of what agency she was with, which most agents will name.

ETA: Did a quick search, too, and nothing but their own website (created in 2009) comes up. No mention of them on author's sites, PM, or even agentquery. Are they still in existence even or is the website just sitting there?
    Last edited by stormie; 06-14-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Belatedly adding live link: http://vineyardliteraryagency.com/

FYI - their submission form has been replaced with:

Vineyard literary is not currently not accepting new submissions. Please check back often to see if our position has changed. Thank you for your interest in our representation.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    Vineyard literary is not currently not accepting new submissions.
    Double negative makes a positive...but not in this case. From the general tone of that page, they mean "no more submissions--for now." I wouldn't hold my breath on it though. The rest of the website hasn't changed since 2009. No sales, no current news.

No further activity.
    ICAO
    ---------