The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Williams Agency (Tom Williams)

practical experience, FTW

Williams Agency (Tom Williams)

Tom Williams - Has anyone heard of this chap?
    http://www.williams-agency.co.uk/

A new-ish agency, methinks, but there's not a lot of info on the web. However, this is from his website....

Welcome to the Williams Agency. We are a literary Agency based in North London and we have a passion for great writing and great books. Currently we are a small agency but we are looking to build the client list and we are actively looking for novelist, biographers, historians, food and wine writers and more. If you are interested in becoming a client please follow this link.
    We firmly believe that the web will help publishing and we actively work with our clients on digital projects. This site was built using free tools and we hope it will become a valuable home for our clients.
    We hope youíll stay in contact with us so donít forget to follow us on twitter and foursquare.

Interesting. Not heard of them, but they could be worth keeping an eye on. I'm keen to see if anyone has had any dealings with them.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Two of the agency's clients are published, but I'm wondering if the agency made those sales, since it appears to be new. It'd also be nice if there were info on the agent(s) involved--as it is, there's no way to check up on their background.

- Victoria

I shall do some more digging...... with new, improved Google-Fu! One teaspoon per day, and all your hair will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brindle MacWuff View Post
    One teaspoon per day, and all your hair will grow back.
    Can I have some?

Quote Originally Posted by seun View Post
    Can I have some?
    heh heh heh! A jar is on the way! Rub in hard under pale moonlight, dressed as Carmen Miranda. If it doesn't work, at least your social life will have increased. Quite dramatically, probably.

Googley says previous form for Tom Williams...

Associate Agent at Peters Fraser and Dunlop
    Literary Assistant / Serial at Peters Fraser and Dunlop
    Literary Assistant at Peters Fraser and Dunlop

seems like a man on the move. Good luck to him.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

The first website address is current, but CaoPaux's address above for Tom's own site doesn't work anymore.

Doesn't seem to be much happening with this agency at present -- no 2014 deals and the 2013 deals seem to be mostly small publishers.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    New avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon.

I'm NaNoWriMo-ing!

NaNo-WIP:
    HEDGEWITCH PROJECT (F/F Urban Fantasy)
    WIP2: DIVIDE (M/M Urban Fantasy)

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Going by his LinkedIn, he closed the agency in late '13 (to join Touchpress. Has moved on since.)
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: