Page Redirection

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Does anybody know why I'm getting page redirection warnings here? It doesn't happen with every page and it doesn't always happen with the same page either. Could it be one of the ads? Is anybody else having this issue?

I'm using Firefox 4 if that matters.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using FF4 and I'm not having that problem.

Could you explain further. If you have, what happens if you click "Allow"?

What security software are you using?

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
I never click allow, but I will the next time it comes up. I'm using AVG 2011 Free.

I started getting these messages just a few days ago, but I don't remember exactly when.

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Okay, I've clicked it twice and it doesn't do anything. I don't get redirected anywhere and the page doesn't even refresh. *scratches head in puzzlement*

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know, you shouldn't be getting page redirects on AW. Or, at least, they should be invisible to you if you have the typical settings allowed for this website.

Be a little patient and we'll look in to it. I've asked Medievalist, the forum administrator, for help. Offhand, I'm not sure what to tell you. It could be as simple as "Sure, just say always allow" and that will fix the problem, or you could have a malware problem.

Just to be clear, you were using FF4 before, but you just started having this problem?

And you are allowing all cookies from AW?

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed that you are a fairly light poster here (that's not meant as any kind of criticism). Have you cleared your cookies and cache recently, then logged back in?

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Yes, I've been using FF4 since it was introduced, but I just started getting these redirect warning within the last week. And I believe I'm allowing all cookies from AW. How would I check to make sure?

I just ran Malwarebytes a couple days ago, but let me do another scan and see if that picks up anything.

Thanks for the help, Alleycat. It's much appreciated. :)

ETA: Just saw your last post. I have it set so I stay logged in all the time, so let me do that and see if it helps.

ETA2: Cleared my cache and cookies and it's still happening.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to look at Tools > Options > Privacy and look at what your settings are for cookies. Be sure you don't have AW blocked in the Exceptions.

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
I don't have any cookies settings under Tools > Options > Privacy It just says something along the lines of Firefox will remember your browsing, download and search history and will keep cookies from websites you visit. Then it has two links below that: clear your recent history and remove individual cookies. There's nothing in there about exceptions or settings.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You should see an option in Privacy for "Accept cookies from sites" (along with an Exception button over to the right). You don't need to "Accept cookies from third party".

I don't really think this is the problem, but it's part of muttering through until we can locate the problem.

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Nope. I don't have that option. Ha! Figured out why I wasn't seeing that option. It only shows it if you have it set to Use Custom Settings. *slaps forehead*

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You've got me puzzled.

I'll take a look but it's not something AW itself is doing. I suspect either a weird cookie or possibly a Google ad.

Let me know anything you discover--it's much appreciated.

Anaquana

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Let's try this again.

Thanks, Medi. :) I don't think it's any of the ads at the top of the page. I've gotten the same ads both when I've gotten the redirect and when I haven't. I'll keep an eye on the bottom ads and see if there's any connection.