Book Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasylowski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenvwasylowski.blogspot.com
I have had a couple of absolutely horrible experiences with book signings. I know I am so think skinned I am almost transparent, but good grief, what a demeaning experience. Or was it just me? Was hiding under the table not a good thing to do? Please tell me everyone has people pass right by and ignore them. Please.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, wasylowski.

Take a breath. There's a reason that very few authors are sent on signing tours anymore - they really aren't a big draw or an effective means of gaining readership in most cases. So, yes, plenty of writers have people walk right by and ignore them. You're fine.

Wasylowski

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenvwasylowski.blogspot.com
Thank you. It looks so easy in the movies. I was the one who pursued it, not the publisher. I thought that was what you were supposed to do. But, with all the twitter and facebook it seems pretty old fashioned.

Rane

Duh. #winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.confessionsofacashier.com
I did a few book signings for my local history book. I had a lot of people walk by and ignore me, which was fine. But I also had a few people pick up my book and tell me they could have done a better job than I did. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.