A Game of Thrones Mega Thread (No Book Discussion)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Looking at the list of new characters for season two, I am not sure about Stephen Dillane playing Stannis Baratheon. From the book, I envisioned a larger fellow than Dillane. Maybe not as large as Robert, but from what the books describe they are very close in looks...

Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight I thought was a good choice. As was Robert Pugh as Craster.

Of the women, Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell seems a good choice. Not sure about Gwndoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth since Gwendoline is mostly known as a model. She is tall and broad of shoulders so maybe she'll work out just fine in Brienne's armor.

Somewhat excited to see Carice Van Houten as Lady Melisandre. Can't wait till she shoots her magic from between her legs...

All in all, it does not seem like a bad crew and season two should be very interesting...

Damn, why is Feb 2012 so far away...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
The bad news: we have to wait until April 2012.

The good news: TRAILER FOR SEASON 2!!!

Who in the hell do these HBO people think they are GRR Martin. At this rate, Martin will finish the series before HBO gets to season two...

The trailer is blaaa, I was very disappointed. HBO can do better...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
See, I disagree. I loved the trailer. It's just a teaser anyway, but Stannis' voice is almost exactly as I imagined it. I LOVE Stannis as a character. Always have (almost as much as Craster, but who am I to complain now? We'll see those babies if it's the last thing I do).

:D

I cannot wait for a longer trailer, something with Brienne, something with Melisandre. Renly standing over a hill looking out w/his crown on was super awesome.

Loved seeing the show of Jaime, though. Mmm hmmm....

Last edited:

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Years ago, on another board, we had a contest about how we'd like the last sentence of the series to read. My fave was the horde of barbarians listening to their leader as he raised his battle axe over the ruins of the Red Keep. He called out the war cry which had led him to victory: "HODOR!"

My entry was one sentence: Long live Queen Brienne!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I am eating these trailers up. I cannot wait. Tyrion looks amazing. <3 for Peter D.

Joff is such a smug little turd.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard, but I wonder if they are going to wait for season three for the Red Wedding?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Season two is an adaptation of the second book, so events from later books won't be included.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I haven't heard, but I wonder if they are going to wait for season three for the Red Wedding?

They'd have to. The big build for the second season would be the Battle of Blackwater, right? RW would have to be season 3.

I've heard that GRRM was penning the Blackwater scenes himself. **drools**

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the red wedding will definitely be in season 3, but it seems like they are either bumping some stuff from book 3 to season 2 namely Jaime and Dany stuff, or, they're beefing both characters' roles to keep actors busy and audiences interested. Jaime kind of falls out in book 2 and Dany only wanders around in the desert (or so it seems).

I also heard that GRRM wrote the Blackwater and I am as giddy as a fangirl can be about that. The thing I remember the most from that is the Hound. Our poor poor Sandor!

I wonder how much of the Hound and Sansa we'll see and how true to the books they'll stay.

I also cannot wait to see Arya do a little "wishing" with Jaqen. I think that was one of my favorite parts in book 2.

“She steals in on little mice feet, but a man hears."

Mmmm, weasel stew.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. Aren't they aging in the books pretty much a year (at least) per book?

That said, I hear they are splitting book 3 into two seasons. So, the kids may age up quickly. I hope they chose kids who come from "shorter" families. :) Sansa is tall! (the actress anyway).

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score

TV Show only!!!!!!!! The title of this thread clearly states no book discussion, especially from later books!

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
READ Carefully...

I questioned the TV show and season three...I did not discuss the book in the quote.

But you can't really discuss the show without the books creeping in the conversation as the show is woven very closely with the books. Hell, the fact that Martin is involved in the show makes it that much more of a topic between show and books...