Amazon's Novel Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I don't disagree that it's your own business...of course it is. However, a high school guidance counselor can tell a kid how much a nurse makes in any particular region of the US. I wonder what they tell kids a writer makes?

Since what a writer makes varies greatly...My guess is that it's a question that's impossible to answer.

Oh, as for a nurse, their income will also vary with experience, where they work, what they specialize in(if anything), and so on...

Xondra(not in a crappy mood)

ETA: I have shared sales info with other authors in private(friends), and I have no issue with sending it to VG's site. Other than that, it's not happening.

Last edited:

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Re NovelRank and the out of print book (1968-2003) I've been following for about 2-3 months now, the book was a big time seller in the US and was also translated into about 40 languages and sold abroad. Today's NovelRank shows sales rank and book sales for the US, Canada, and UK editions only. But that's okay, since the availability of used/out of print foreign copies is probably little. My looking at the NovelRank site daily shows that about 10-15 US copies are sold each week, and that the sales rank seems to be affected by about 50,000 anytime a book is sold-or not. Over the 2-3 months the rank has been as low as 6,000 and as high as 250,000. Most interesting are the charts for UK sales rank. They have consistently shown a rank over 1 million, except for yesterday when 1 UK version book was sold and this 1 sale drove the NovelRank sale rank down to 150,000. I guess some arthimetical formula way beyond my undestanding is applicable for this huge drop, but I don't know what it is and frankly don't care. Just wanted to keep you abreast.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I think another danger of it is that it can make you very Amazon centred, as if Amazon is the only place that matters and depending on your book that might not be the case My royalty statements have shown me that I've sold way more books on sites like Fictionwise and AllRomanceEBooks than on Amazon. So I've started to try to break out of the "Amazon is the centre of the universe" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.