The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Brenda Van Niekerk

Feeling like an old timer rainsmom's Avatar

Brenda Van Niekerk

I purchased a Kindle "book" from this person and was dismayed to have purchased a two-page essay. I left a one-star review, and then checked to see what else she had posted. In May 2011, it appears she posted over 1000 Kindle "books" on a huge variety of topics. These range from short essays to books.

My gut reaction is that she's "publishing" non-digital content -- but I don't have proof of that. Much of it is recent and very definitely not in public domain. I hope you guys will check out her list and see if you recognize anything there. If she is publishing content she doesn't have rights to, I hope she is stopped.

I filed a complaint with Amazon.
    Last edited by rainsmom; 06-06-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Melissa C. Alexander

Click for Joy!
    Click for Joy!
    Sunshine Books, 2003
    Winner "Best Training/Behavior Book 2003" by Dog Writers of America

WIP: Doubting River (est. completion 2014)
    Winner mainstream category of "The Sandy" literary contest, 2010

Blog: A Plotter's Guide to Novel Writing
    Twitter: @M_C_Alexander

It seems the new scam is to cut-and-paste content from other people's websites and then publish it as a Kindle "book". The person who published the Kindle ebook often has no right whatsoever to the content. Glad you complained!
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.