The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Foremost Press

If you're going to stalk me, make it interesting and sexy.

Foremost Press

Wondering if anyone has any info on this place? They seem to do the same thing that CreateSpace does, I think.
    Conformity leads to death of not only the human spirit, but to imagination.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    It's straight forward pay-to-play vanity but the fact that they keep pushing Charles King for cover design set off my warning alarm:

Foremost Press Website:
    In a bookstore, your book rests on a shelf beside titles by great authors produced by giants in the publishing industry. If you want to compete, your book needs top-of-line appeal.
    This is the opening to a segment designed to get you to pay $150 - $400 for cover design. But Foremost Press doesn't get books into stores. It keeps using the wording:

Foremost Press:
    Your book is available to any bookstore who does business directly or indirectly with Ingram or Baker & Taylor.
    So the chances of your book benefitting from that paid for cover are slim to none.

Other red flags are that the company talks about not taking ownership of your book, only non-exclusive publishing rights. But if they are the first publisher then you have exhausted first publishing rights, which is where all the value is.

Plus royalties are only 50% net on ebooks, but net isn't defined and it should be.

MM

Tell it like it Is Susan Littlefield's Avatar
    Foremost Press is indeed a vanity publisher.

I like to check out agents and publishers at http://pred-ed.com/
    Susan

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

If you're going to stalk me, make it interesting and sexy.
    Thanks for the replies. There wasn't anything on them in pred-ed, other than that they are a vanity. Which I think I've been warned more than once for good reason to stay away from.
    Conformity leads to death of not only the human spirit, but to imagination.