Laptop monitor issue

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a moron. I cleaned my laptop with Windex without bothering to check whether this was safe or not. Now my laptop's screen has several different, very distracting dim areas. The bottom right of the screen looks as it should, but the spots above it look as if the brightness is a few tones lower.

Is there a way to repair this? Will it go away on its own?

Waaahh!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I've used Windex plenty of times before, and it never did anything to my laptop screens, so I have no idea. :( Well, my old laptop's screen is noticeably dimmer these days, but that's just age. Good luck!

ETA: Yeah, apparently, it is a bad idea, though. My new laptop's screen is glass, so I wonder if it should be fine with this one.

Last edited:

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Depends on the screen. Cleaning crew destroyed my Imac screen (on of the newer larger monitor glassy ones with windex and paper towels). Scratched it up using paper towels and windex. We use lap top cleaner for the particular screen at home.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Any fluid is potentially dangerous to anything electronic. I usually use a soft cloth to wipe mine occasionally. But then the worst it gets on it is dog hair and dust...