The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What AWer book are you currently reading?

What AWer book are you currently reading?

This morning I had an appointment and knew I'd be in the waiting room for a bit so was looking for a book to bring with me.

On my To Read stack I found the urban fantasy "Unholy Ghosts" by AWer Stacia Kane - I'd bought it several weeks ago but hadn't started it yet, beyond the few pages I'd read in the bookstore.

(Yes, I'm one of those people who still go to bookstores.)

Wow! I am so blown away by this - reminds me again of how many different people we have here at AW, with beginners rubbing elbows with those who have established writing careers.

It also makes me feel kinda bad about my own writing in comparison, but that's a different story.

So, whose book are you reading? Fiction or Non, Paper Book or eBook, what's in your hands?

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred Chris P's Avatar
    Yesterday I read "Arbor Day" by Manuel Royal in Short Story America. Delightfully twisted in its understated way.
    Join any time! Take the 2017 AW Reading Challenge. Pick 12 books from a list of topics and read/discuss with us throughout the year.

Currently reading The First Ghost by Soccer Mom. I betaed it quite a while ago, and it's so neat to see its final incarnation. It's a charming and humorous read. I wish I could be as funny as Soccer Mom in my own writing!
    Last edited by Bubastes; 06-01-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: punctuation

The Second Duchess by Elisabetta. Lush and fascinating!

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you mscelina's Avatar
    Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
    Funny--I'm reading Soccer Mom's next release, Death By Scandal, which is coming out August 1.

Okay, okay--I'm actually editing it, but who wants to be picky? Besides, it was a good chance to plug the book. :P

practical experience, FTW
    I read it quite some time ago, but Jamie Ford's Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is wonderful. My MIL borrowed it two weeks ago, finished it in two days and then gave it to her sister to read.
    My kids loved Dee Garretson's Wildfire Run.

I just read Beyond Friends by Xondra Day. (Brainstorm77) Next AW up is Heart's Desire by Marialyss McKinley (Regdog). Oh, and I'm reading the newest Celina Summers, but y'all don't get to read them until her agent sells them. Nyah! Nyah!

Juniper, go ahead and get all of Stacia's Downside books. I stayed up all night finishing the last one. So good!
    <clickety to see my books

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti

Boldly going nowhere in particular. Jess Haines's Avatar
    Stacia's books are next on my TBR pile.
    Jess Haines
    The Official Antichrist of Pieô
    www.jesshaines.com / Twitter / Facebook

"It doesn't get much better for pure urban fantasy than Jess Haines." --All Things Urban Fantasy

Latest Title: Smoke and Mirrors

the Juggernaut of Imperfection crunchyblanket's Avatar
    Just started reading Cameron Chapman's 'Aboard The Unstoppable Aerostat Fenris', which is proving to be a very fun read so far.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
    I just read Beyond Friends by Xondra Day. (Brainstorm77) Next AW up is Heart's Desire by Marialyss McKinley (Regdog). Oh, and I'm reading the newest Celina Summers, but y'all don't get to read them until her agent sells them. Nyah! Nyah!

Juniper, go ahead and get all of Stacia's Downside books. I stayed up all night finishing the last one. So good!
    Woo Hoo! I plan on getting your latest for mah Kindle!

I just finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne (Oberon89). Looooved it. Waiting impatiently for the next two, now.

Is swimming with creativity frogs AlishaS's Avatar
    A few weeks back I read Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz (Shadylane)
    It was the first ever AW author book I picked up (that I know of lol) and it won't be the last. I have tons of AW'ers in my TBR pile.
    This is my signature

Is swimming with creativity frogs AlishaS's Avatar
    I'm reading The Duff by Kody Keplinger, I can't remember her AW name lol
    This is my signature

Up all night to get Loki Jersey Chick's Avatar
    in the state of carefully controlled chaos
    I'm working my way through Stacia's City of Ghosts. My AWer TBR pile is huge. It'll take me forever to get through it.
    "Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional." ~ scarletpeaches

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website

I've recently read both Kevin Hearne's first novel Hounded and A Devil in the Details by K.A. Stewart. Both were very entertaining reads.
    Last edited by Darkshore; 06-07-2011 at 09:38 AM.

A couple of months ago I finished Bedtime Story by willietheshakes (aka Robert J. Wiersema). Great book!

The only AWer book I've read (that I know of) is Thor by Wayne Smith (aka wayndom). I didn't know about AW at the time. One day I was perusing a thread and for whatever reason wayndom was describing the plot of his book to illustrate a point and I was like "OMGoshcraplouise! I've TOTALLY read that book!" It was awesome. The book was awesome, too.

Okay, *technically* I'm not currently reading any AWer books, but I've really, really been wanting to pick up both Stacia Kane's Downside books, and also Gini Koch's Alien books (username JeanneTGC). And eventually, I will get to read them! Eventually!

They will come from below... Tasmin21's Avatar
    I'm currently reading rugcat's (John Levitt's) Play Dead. I love this series so much.
    On Literary Intent, Facebook, Twitter, Reluctant Adults

Second Olympus: Now Available!
    The Music Box Girl: Coming April 26th!
    Peacemaker: Re-release June 2016

SP's By the Book.

practical experience, FTW eward's Avatar
    The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson! I don't remember his un here, but I've seen the cover art around. I'm about 65% through on my Kindle. Trying to find time to finish it!

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    I just finished Susan Gable's As Good as His Word and enjoyed it. I love supporting fellow AWers!
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
    Yesterday I read "Arbor Day" by Manuel Royal in Short Story America. Delightfully twisted in its understated way.
    Thanks!

I recently picked up (as a Nook Book), After Things Went Bad by Renee Harrell, aka our own PortablHal. Vivid stuff.
    Fiction blog as Manuel Royal: Donnetown Today or Recently (or a Long Time Ago)

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

practical experience, FTW TCnKC's Avatar
    I just read Hounded by Kevin Hearne (Oberon89) a couple of weeks ago and I was hooked. Interesting characters and great humor(laughed out loud quite a few times.) Really eager to read the 2nd book(Hexed.) This might be another must read series to add to the shelf.

I'm going to check out other AWer's over the next few months as well. Should be fun.
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."

- Maya Angelou

Always lurking, never posting... LadyA's Avatar
    I've read BREAK by ShadyLane. Loved it and reccommended it to all my friends (although I can only get it via Amazon because I'm in the UK).
    Amy x

DEC - YA Contemp

H&Y&NM - YA Contemp

twitter tumblr

Represented by L0uise Fury of Th3 B3nt Ag3ncy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast