What AWer book are you currently reading?

smcc360

I've Got An MFA In LEO
Registered
Reaction score
Mine, of course. I'm reading it as I write it. It's fantastic! ;)

Also, Up Against It, by M.J Locke. It's fantastic, too.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Several months ago, I read Elo'esh: The Whisper of Angels by our own Kaylea May...

...Lurved it!

(I'm a sucker for a good love story, ya know) ;)

AinSoph

lost in lit land
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniealicerogers.com
Forgive me while I flash my noob - is there a place here in the forums where we can see a list of AWers' books? Or do you just find them through discussions and signatures?

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Currently reading Long Time Coming by scarletpeaches. Before that, I read Light Switch and the sequel Reconstructing Meredith by thethinker42.

Gotta love the Kindle. :D

Last edited:

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I got a facebook announcement from Willie Meikle that said he was linking to his book, MIDNIGHT EYE FILES: THE AMULET, for a free kindle download. I said, what the heck and downloaded it. I'm about a third of the way through and am really enjoying this Private Eye story that takes place in Scotland.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Not currently, but I recently finished a few. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (instantly went in my top 5 fave books) by Jaime Ford, Hunted by the Others by Jess Haines (excellent UF), and Becoming Mr. Brooking by Marguerite Butler (beautiful historical romance).

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
I'm reading Nora Robert's Lovers and Dreamers. It's three books in one.

Does Nora post on AW under a pseudonym or have I just missed her completely? *lol*

Right now I'm reading Jill Myles' My Fair Succubi, and enjoying it. Definitely the best of her three Succubi books. Then again, I've always been a sucker for Zane over Noah!

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Just about to finish The Speech of Angels by Sharon Maas (aruna on AW). I had read her other books before - Of Marriageable Age and Peacocks dancing - and only picked the current one when I discovered her identity. I am a fan and look forward to her next book.

alegory

Registered
Reaction score
Break by Hannah Moskowitz (Shady Lane). It arrived this morning and I started reading when I opened the package. I only meant to read the first few pages or so but a few hours later I had finished the whole damn thing. It's one of only about 3 books that I've ever read that's had me in tears. Beautifully written and I loved the characters :)

KentWatson

Registered
Reaction score
"the Last Druid" by PL Crompton. Wonderfully lurid Dark Ages mysteries!

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished John Levitt's(rugcat) Dog Days series- fantastic!

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Reading KA Stewart's A Shot in the Dark. Don't remember her username here, but I read the first one, A Devil in the Details, when it came out last year, and PM'd her about how much I love samurais.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm just about to finish Possess, by AWer Blondchen (Gretchen McNeil). So much teh awesome!

Hettie

Once and future Queen......
Registered
Reaction score
I have read an Adam Slade novella, need to get next in series...

I have read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.

I read Stacia Cane's Unholy Ghosts, CIty of Ghosts, and the other in that series this past weekend...

All fantastic! Highly recommend!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Just spent 3 hours finishing up Stacia Kane's "Unholy Magic," book 2 of her Downside series. Jumped up thinking, "I'll go get book 3!" and then remembered that with the local Borders closed :rant: the next bookstore is 15 miles away.

Crap. And the library doesn't have it, for some reason. So I can't get it until next week, when I'll be down near the bookstore.

Unless I make a special trip. Which I might, because I really want to continue on with the story, like right now. Or I could download it onto my phone, maybe. But I'd like to have a paper copy.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Red Hot Fury by Kasey MacKenzie, and loved it. A little slow in the beginning. Lot of backstory and world building (I was completely immersed in her world), so it was necessary. I hate reading an UF that doesn't explain anything, or that just info dumps. Casey did it well. The last half of the book was action-packed, and I couldn't put it down. Heroine was one of my faves. And there are several little twists at the end. Cannot wait to pick up the next one.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Last week I read Kevin Hearne's Tricked. Liked it but thought it wasn't as strong as the first three books. Probably because I really like Leif so...yeah, I'm not saying more than that. Read the books and you'll see what I mean. ;)

And now that I'm looking for a new book to read, am strongly considering Stacia's latest, Sacrifical Magic. Love the Downside series.