Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok well i'm off for a nap! Thanks for letting me play! I already repped you guys, so i'm off to retire for a few hours, then its on to the RISE AGAINST CONCERT!!!!

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
All endings need to be bleak, Zoom, IMHO. It's what makes the world go 'round. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just remembered an SNI I had when I saw the video for "Love Story" by Taylor Swift the other day!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm loling at girls my age freaking out over a dress code. You wouldn't know if they couldn't afford anything besides scraps of fabric, and now they're freaking out because a dress to our school dance can't be any shorter than a bit above the knee. They're only 13-14...

Anyways, I'm not going so it doesn't matter to me. :p

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
XD

At 13, I was wearing shorts a tad bit longer than underpants and dresses with plunging cleavage. At 12, too, come to think of it. Everyone on my swim team did. When you spend 12 hours a week in bathing suits around half-naked teenage boys, it doesn't even occur to you that not everybody does.

Anyway, just got a rejection.

Many thanks for sharing MAD AS A HATTER with me. I found your pages to be a fast-paced, well-crafted read with excellent pacing, but I do think that the novel is not quite there yet in terms of Corwin’s interiority, the landscape, and the project’s expansiveness as a whole. Since I can't say I'm as enthusiastic about the project as the right agent needs to be, I’ll have to pass.

I wish I knew what expansiveness of a project meant. Or interiority. (goes to dictionary)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I was on swim team this summer, and boy, I was super uncomfortable.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
How many rejections is that now, Tally?

I wish...

a) I had a spare notebook
b) I could write stream of conciousness

I want to plot TMB.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always looking for spare notebooks and I never have any :p

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa- That came off kind of very rude, I'm going to decide that you didn't realize and were honestly curious and say I don't know.

Tay- I'm gonna get back to swimming in March, I think. can't live without it.

ETA: still trying to figure out what her comments mean. 'cause it's an awesomely helpful rejection except I'm not smart enough to understand it :tongue

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
It's always hard to tell if someone is being rude on the Internet or not. I always think that something I say comes off as rude after I post it.

Swim team for me starts in June :/ honestly, I have mixed feeling about it. I hate my body, so I hate swimsuits, so I hate swim team for that. But I dint think summer would be the same without it.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you're a summer swimmer? okay. I'm a club swimmer, so I swim all year round. when I moved I couldn't fit in swimming with theatre, but now I can.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
From the time I was about six on I've very rarely worn pants shorter than capris (except as PJ-pants, and then it's knee-length shorts), or shirts with sleeves shorter than a cap-sleeve, and I may have cleavage, but I don't show it. Ever. ...At least not intentionally.

ETA I came in really late, I guess. I love swimming, but have never done it competitively, and hate swimsuits. I also love dancing, but hate the costumes.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. The local pool is opened only in the summer, which sucks. But our coaches are in high school or university, so it wouldn't work, anyways.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I keep saying that I'm going to write and then I get distracted! I'm going to write now. For real. I'll check back in in half an hour.
And Tally, that's a very good rejection. Good but not good enough sucks but it also means that you're really close to being "there".

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
well, yeah, but don't you have a ymca or something? or can you swim further away? I have friends who commute over a half hour for swim team practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.