Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Today I was at Costco and I saw a guy wearing a kilt. BEST. DAY. EVER.
I tried to discreetly take a picture, but the guy walked around the corner before I could. The best part was that it didn't seem like he was doing it on a dare, he was totally serious.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorite guys in the whole entire world has two or three kilts. He used to wear them to school when we were in high school. Every once in a while he'll still wear them. ...He's such an awesome guy. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
So today something happened to me that made me re-think my religious standpoint. (was a devote Catholic, but after the death of 8 people 6 family and 2 in Will's family all in 3 years, i became rather agnostic/atheist)Something actually is going my way for a change that is so utterly "lucky" that i'm starting to think again that maybe God does listen to me.

So today at my first day of senior sem our teacher pulled me and my friend aside because she is our mentor who we are suppose to be doing research with, problem was all last semester the equipment kept breaking so we couldnt do anything. She brings us into our office and tells us both she has bad news. With everything that went wrong we will not be able to have results for our Senior Thesis in time. So we are going to have to do a Library research Thesis... Now at most schools across the country this is the norm for students but at my University we have such small chem class that that NEVER happens. You have to do research with one of the only 5 chem professors end of question. BUT BY THE STOKE OF LUCK I DONT HAVE TOO!!! What do i get to do? A glorified book report/research paper!!!!! On what? ON ANYTHING!!! ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN! As long as it can tie into chemistry somehow!

Oh and the good news doesnt stop there! Next i finally asked her what the hell was with this new ACS exam (american chemical society, which is a national exam they give ivory league schools to measure overall college chemistry knowledge at top universities) we have to take. They tell us suddenly this year if we dont meet national average we cant graduate. I got second lowest in the class when we took it in the Fall. They are making us retake it. What i couldnt understand was they already added in that grade in our final grade for senior sem last semester... so i talked to my advisor who told me while rolling his eyes "No if you do better your grade will not be changed. Well looks like you need to brush up on all your chemistry and pass that test if you want to graduate"

What does L.M tell me today? That they cant fail us for not passing this test because our year was never informed about as incoming freshman. Why do we have to re-take it then? Because everyone did sooooooo poorly on it, it makes the chemistry department look bad... so they are hoping we boost our scores with the threat of "not graduating". Because if everyone meets the national average my school looks like its has the best chemistry department ever, and teachers like my man that ruin my life keep his job, they get more funding and more poor kids come here for school thinking its a good chemistry department.

HOW IS THIS ALL LEGAL??? HOW??? To lie to students with a threat like that, just so they cover there asses!?

Anyway this is a long post so completely disregard it, i just really needed to rant and get everything off my chest.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god. I am so happy. I had my biology and history homework left, and I just looked to make sure I had the worksheets and such. My teacher forgot to give me my History work, which means I only have Bio. left before I can sleep. YES. It also means I don't have a history test tomorrow.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
oh yeah, Will got back to my house at about 1:30. They did all heart related medical tests and cant find anything wrong there so they sent him home with strong pain meds and said its most likely "chest wall pain" But his brother is a doctor and is getting a little worried about it all... and if a doctor is worried it makes me really really worried.

And since the death of his mom suddenly over the summer, and doctors STILL dont know when she died... I'm getting more worried.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah he's home and perfectly back to his normal self. Right now he is having a fun old time playing video games, and having a chat with all his buddies through the headset.

Kind of makes me wonder why i wasted my whole day waiting on him hand and foot on my one day off... then he forgets me and plays video games for 7 hours... oh well.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, para and other twifties :)

I'm about to write a super awkward sex scene in an illicit, underground library. Should be fun!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys.

I HATE kilts with a passion. That's what happens when they're part of your school uniform for four years. When I was in Grade 5, I thought they were a bit cool.

I think they're the ugliest pieces of shit around now. :tongue

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
morning everyone!

Ink... yeah sounds fun! Good luck writing it. I could never write something like that, so congrats already!

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble with it, lol. But it is fun. This book, in general, is very fun.

Tally -- kilts are part of your school uniform? That's sort of awesome (although I can see why you'd wind up hating it). Although being surrounded by men in kilts possibly does not make for the best learning environment.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hope the writing comes easier! I hate difficult scenes!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I think I'm going to be putting Sticks and Stones to one side until I get rid of this cold. TMB will be written when I'm bored.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
All girls' school, Ink. And my old school.

Men in kilts make me want to puke... my stalker since I was 12 wears a kilt around town. so gross.

And most private girls schools in the North East wear the same uniform type. Mine was a blazer, a kilt up to three inches above the knee, a blouse and a tie and socks or tights.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Klits = men
Skirts = girls

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE ILL WHEN I'M IN THE TERRIBLE TEENS STAGE?? DA FUCK?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You could have your skits that high? Wow.

In my evil catholic gradschool i had to wear a skirt/kilt type thing that was a horrible black, white red pladded color that had to be an inch below our knees, although girls always rolled them up higher. With lipstick red (that was the name of the color infact) knee highs and sweater.

In my all girls catholic highschool, we had the same uniform for the last 100 years. A navy blue jumper. That was only aloud to go a inch above your knee at the max. Then we had to wear light blue peterpan color shirts and a navy blue sweater, with navy blue kneehighs or tights. We all died in the spring from the heat from wearing that... But they were never allowed to change the uniforms because they were "iconic to our school for the last century."

here what it looked like... grrrrr i still have it hanging up in my closet...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa- um, it was a kilt. with a kilt pin.

one of my top five turn-offs is a man in a kilt.

Ally- I went to a rich, 80% jewish school. These are the kind of families that spend a million dollars on their 12-year-old's bat mitzvah to show off how rich they are. if their daughters complained, they could complain to the school and the school could be bribed. The school wasn't Catholic and almost no one there was either.

it was a school in a city of rich private schools, and one public school. (this is the city-within-a-city I lived in)

eta: XD our school is over 100 years old too, but it's in Montreal. The uniforms were pretty ugly and itchy and all, but they changed a bit with time. on non-full-dress days we wore polo shirts.

The uniform was basically designed to make us look fat, though. six layers of shoulder padding in the shoulders, too-- when you're a swimmer with massive shoulders, that's a confidence buster like no other.

inkspatters

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I tend to associate kilts with men, too. Skirts were worn pretty short at my high school. Usually about halfway up the thigh, sometimes higher, haha. I don't really understand why any school would care about the length of a skirt enough to enforce rules about it, aside from religious schools that have traditions etc.

Writing goes well, Lisa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.