Registered
Reaction score
Those are some awesome covers, Tally!

Karla, where, where, where?! ;DDDDDD

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I read it and sent you a PM about it, Karla! :)

Ely, I've been trying to work out this plot I got for Blood on the Moon. And I think I got it. If a foster kid runs away, do you think the foster system puts any effort into finding that kid?

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I read it and sent you a PM about it, Karla! :)

Ely, I've been trying to work out this plot I got for Blood on the Moon. And I think I got it. If a foster kid runs away, do you think the foster system puts any effort into finding that kid?

I think it depends on how many other foster kids they have that ran away, if they get enough funding, or if the foster kid has been away for so long...say years...that they just give up. Or there could be some kind of conspiracy, the foster kid's files go missing or something like that happens. Hehe, there's a lot you can do here but it's great that you finally got the plot worked out! :D

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
This thread grows so ridiculously fast that I can never keep up!

On the plus side, I got in my word quota today even though my body hates me from the 3 cans of red bull and 4 hour writing session I started at 10pm last night in order to finalise a submission for ABNA.

Also - love your avatar, Karla! And though the discussion is like 10 pages back, I also love girls with boy names.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote for four hours straight last night with no breaks. Needless to say, I haven't hit 20K yet.

Don't overwork yourself, Lisa!

Ely, I think I want my character to be a sixteen-year-old (about to turn seventeen) who runs away from her foster home to try and find her birth mom. I don't know how her whole lunacy-wolf spirit thing ties in though yet.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for reading, MA! :)

As for the foster kid question, I'm not sure, but you can start a thread about it on the Story Experts forum, or whatever it's called.

ETA: I also meant to add a YAY! for figuring out plot stuff. My mind is SO fuzzy today without my coffee. I'm surprised I finished writing/cleaned up Kieran's chapter decent enough for it to be your fave lol.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Well, her birth mom is a werewolf and her birth dad was human. So she is half werewolf, but she can't shapeshift into a wolf. However, she has a wolf spirit following her and I just don't know how to connect that wolf spirit to the fact that she is a half werewolf.

And overworking will be your head explode sometimes. I saw it happen once. j/k lol

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Yeah, lisa, don't overwork yourself. Even if you didn't reach your goal, remember there is still today, and the next day and so on. Just pace yourself, give yourself a set time to right and if you want to pull an all-nighter or write for four hours straight, make sure you can actually do it without overworking your brain. :)

MA - You must write this! You must! But maybe you should start jotting some things down? That helps me sometimes. You say that the wolf spirit follows her around? Maybe she speaks to it, maybe it tries to help her find her mother or maybe it's evil, and is trying to lead her down the wrong path. I don't know...just try to think a little more about it, you'll figure it out. :)

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
"Wait, how can he be your dad? He's a dragon!"

"Dragonness is recessive..."

tumblr_lw4grti7MN1qi3j81.gif

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see someone who has a wolf spirit and uses it to play fetch, or possibly ride on it if it's big enough!

I can smell the idea of a scene right now!

Ely, I'll try to work out the kinks and stuff. Promise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.