Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
The more i think about it, i think it will be better i save it for a later book. Why give away all the surprises of the different areas of Nesia in the first book. Plus if i add it i'm going to end us with a 150-170K book! Now that i think about it more... I think i have a good little plan for the Devil.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
This one compared to my other books is a walk in the park on the scary aspect....

This one i was trying really really hard not to make a horror book... and so far i think i'm succeeding although i cant help but add in a lot of dark creepy parts. Including murder, slight cannibalism, attempted rape, and torture... damn maybe i'm not succeeding as much as i thought.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hey Tally! Nice cover! Although i couldn't read the writing... i'd suggest making it a different color if you can.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
yeah same here!

So i have a question for everyone. I was always a strange person who held onto crushes for a really really long time. Point being, i know most girls aren't like that. How long typically, if a really nice awesome guy were to come along who showed interest in the girl, would it be normal for a girl to forget about a boy she had a crush on for a while?

I'm the same way. Even when I've had a boyfriend I still thought about my old crushes particularly my "first love."

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I need an opinion on something. I know Forrest is a boy's name, but how does anyone feel about Forrest as a girl's name?

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
thanks! changed the writing, ally. my name is meant to be almost invisible, but I like the new title color better.

also, I've only ever had three crushes. one as a little kid, one in middle school, and one in middle school that's lasted until now, though it's more like love that's dulled out now. I cried and hurt so much over him when I was younger, and he knows everything about me, and I've accepted that he's just going to be my best friend, nothing else.

akasha, forrest could be a good girl's name, but I'd suggest going with a more 'feminine' last name.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Karla and Tally, awesome covers! Would almost buy the books because of the covers! I wish I had design talent...
I've had kind of a bad day but it's ended well. I'm super-pumped because people are actually starting to read my blog! I made my first new post in a week and I got over 30 unique visits within the next hour and so on. Plus, people are starting to comment, too! It feels super awesome!
And the awesomeness will get better this week. I've scheduled a small press publisher to interview on my blog. The post will go up soon! :hooray:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
That could work. And you should probably have a few characters mention "isn't Forrest a boy's name?"

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i think it can be a girls name.

That's how i was with crushes
B.W from age 7-14.(then I actually met him again... and realized i was in love in who i thought he would be not who he was..)

B.N. from 14-16. (Turns out hes gay...)

R.M.From 15-17. (I was so utterly in love with him. Risked my job to talk to him longer. Invited him to my sweet 16 and he kissed me on the cheek for a bet. Then my last day of work i asked him out. He broke my heart by never calling.)

Two months after my 17th birthday and my last day seeing R.M. I met Will. Guess you could call it fate. But even when i started dating Will for the first few months i always thought about R.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah and turns out R.M. barely graduated HS, never went to college and dropped off the face of the planet. I totally ended up for the better with Will.

I love giving girl's boys names too. Like Alex.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
My real name is Jhordan and I hated having a boy's name, but I love giving girl characters boy names. Like James and Tristen.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
In CWII. All the characters get nicknames/codenames that are all rather boyish. Punk, Sly, Snip, and Wit.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Doing better. Yay!

Thanks for the cover love, MR! The picture already had a faded/vintage look but I brightened it then put a pink filter over everything. I wish the pic was bigger (I'm used to making my covers 6x9 in. And the biggest this is was 3x4.5), but at least it's something lol.

I feel like I had a new crush every year lol. Sometimes going back to the same boy, though. Now, I'm hoping my bf and I will last. Strangely, TL's MCs are totally my bf and me. And I came up with the idea 40 days before I met him. A psychic even told him that he'd meet his dream girl within 3 weeks (it happened) and she would write his soul. :)

ETA: He is also a ginger :D

Status
Not open for further replies.