Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Madican - I've never heard of Snowflake, unless you're talking about the Snowflake Method. If so, then no. They're just software that make it easier to organize your notes for your wips and things like that.

http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/info/snowflake_pro/

I should probably use it more often after paying fifty bucks because I was a dumbass a few years ago. It is a good bit of software though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
ELY: D:

I think I might get a notebook for TMB and try scribbling. Hopefully it will make sense.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
There's something fun about sitting in uni with a notebook though.

I'm going to start a new project on holiday with a notebook.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Ely, I just read your snippet. I think this gif sums up my reaction to it:
tumblr_lxbkdslDEM1qe3yjd.gif

I wants more.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Basically the only time I'm writing by hand is if we're not allowed to have our laptops in class, I'm writing in my journal, or I'm writing letters. It's just so much faster to type than it is to write.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have Liquid Story Binder as a writing program. I love it, but I don't use it anymore. I like to send documents to my phone, and it's too much work converting the chapters into one MS Word file. So I just stick to MS Word. I might start it again though because I haven't really used my phone lately. LSB was really helpful at times to make timelines and whatnot.

I hate my handwriting but I love writing in notebooks anyway. I also love the pens I've bought. Pilot Precise V5 in assorted colors. SO SMOOTH.

ETA: Damn. Didn't refresh. If I'm typing something I wrote by hand or retyping something from a textbook into notes, I can stare at the notebook/textbook and not at the computer screen and type stuff up with hardly making a mistake. Also, if I do make a mistake, sometimes I know I did and fix it without looking too lol.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
The next person to finish their story, gets a shipment of awesome chocolate chip cookies!

Ely: It's my favorite gif, LOL. It go be applied to so many situations.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to download a Beatles album. There's so many I can't buy them all at once. XD

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Usually I write pretty cleanly (I write slow but edit in my head, as I write, etc), but if I can't get something to sound good, one of the best ways to fix it is to write it down on paper and then type it up on the computer. When I type it up I automatically start to fix it.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Margo, that's part of the reason I decided to write a different WIP by hand last month. When I type stuff up from what I've written by hand, I fix it. I figured that'd be like my second draft. But then my hand started to get cramped, so I stopped lol

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite song from Across the Universe is Happiness is a Warm Gun. The second one is While My Guitar Gently Weeps and my third is Let It Be (I cried like a little bitch).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Margo, that's part of the reason I decided to write a different WIP by hand last month. When I type stuff up from what I've written by hand, I fix it. I figured that'd be like my second draft. But then my hand started to get cramped, so I stopped lol

I think it would be the same for me.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah that is an issue. I think a lot faster than I type, so when I'm actually writing it by hand, I'm a mess. Sometimes I write the last part of a sentence first, or totally skip whole paragraphs.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's a musical written by The Who about this deaf, dumb and blind kid. It's kinda weird, hahaha.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
With my first project I ever finished, my computer crashed and my flash drive went through the washing machine almost the same day, so I just had a hard copy of what I'd written before. So I went through and retyped everything. I also made a *ton* of changes to it as I did that. So for me a lot of the time I'll finish something, leave it for a little while, and then print a copy and start retyping.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a slow writer, but a really fast typer. I can even type readable sentences with my eyes closed, which is weird, but it freaks some people out.

Hehe. :D I'm the same way. There was one time last summer when I was typing at the desktop and my mom was standing in the kitchen talking to me. Instead of stopping typing to answer her, I just talked while I typed. She thought it was really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.