Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This.

I don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter what stage I'm at in a project, I can't write notes in a notebook as they are in my head. I have to think about it and make it neat.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good. Wishing there was software or something like what I mentioned on the last page, though!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Stream of concious planning/plotting/messing around is hard if you forever try to make your notes neat and organised.

I'm going to get some pudding.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a question. I am thinking about writing this scene where the main character of my story, her twin sister, and their older pregnant sister are sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast and their father comes into the kitchen with the biggest grin on his face.

Then his new girlfriend comes into the kitchen.

And it's basically implied that they had sex with each other. And it's mentioned between the siblings after the father and girlfriend leave. Is that too much for YA?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I will.

I am thinking my random side project is going to have a playlist made up of loads of sixties songs (including covers) and songs that fit what I come up with.

Has anyone used recorders during the plotting process (or during the writing process?)

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
That's how I felt when I first started writing in third, but now it feels weird for me to write in first. Most of the time my writing's better in third, so that's what I use. On the rare occasions that I use first, it's because the story insisted on being written that way.

Back tracking a little bit.... I had two weird dreams last night. One of them had my ballroom technique teacher and the old ballroom coach (who hasn't been around in a couple of years). The other had this guy I haven't seen in over a year......

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I usually write in first.

I have opened my side project again. It is strangely liberating not knowing where I'm going with it. All I know is that Prudence loves the sixties and she doesn't go to uni, but she vouleenters at an animal shelter.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I hate having dreams about people I know. It feels super weird and realistic, like it really did happen.

But yeah, my wip is demanding to be written in third person. So I guess I'll keep going to see where it goes. Hopefully my third person writing doesn't suck haha.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I usually write in third.

I have opened my side project again. It is strangely liberating not knowing where I'm going with it. All I know is that Prudence loves the sixties and she doesn't go to uni, but she vouleenters at an animal shelter.

I love the name Prudence. :D

Your side project isn't by any chance inspired by The Beatles is it?

I also like the sixties/seventies. I once tried to write a murder mystery written in that time period but it didn't go anywhere.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't had an actual *project* in first person since...my senior year of high school I think (which for me is like four years :tongue). I have had a couple of shorts in first, though. But all of those were for my various fiction classes.

A lot of my dreams have people I know in them. At least, a lot of the ones I remember. I'm kind of sick of having dreams with this guy, though. I'm not going to see him for at least another 9-9 1/2 months. :(

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I love the name Prudence. :D

Your side project isn't by any chance inspired by The Beatles is it?

I also like the sixties/seventies. I once tried to write a murder mystery written in that time period but it didn't go anywhere.

I LOVE THE BEATLES SO MUCH.

It's set now, but the character and her siblings are named after Beatles songs and yeah... SIXTIES FTW.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I usually prefer third, because I can be more objective about my MC.

But sometimes, like with Reinette in SAS or in Parallel, first is so much more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.