Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. My science teacher is a big fan of LOTR. He saw me reading the first book in class today and we had a big discussion about it. We even talked about Martin Freeman as Bilbo. My day is made :)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
You guys should watch Vampire Diaries. It basically takes Twilight, stakes it through the heart, and dances on its grave.

And it has gems! Lots and lots of gems! And blood! And is very quotable! Like the quote in my siggy!

or

Caroline: I am gonna drink until someone is hot enough to make out with.

And there are lots of people who die! And then you cry! But you don't care because MY CREYS IT'S SO GOOD.

And, of course, the best part: Like my all-time favorite novel series, The Demon's Lexicon, though it has romance, it's SO MUCH MORE about friendships and family and siblinghood and how far you are willing to go to protect the ones you love.

Like, is it about Stelena vs. Delena? Occasionally. Quite often, in the first part of the first season.

But now, it's about the friendship between Elena, Bonnie and Caroline, or about how Elena will practically make deals with the devil to keep her little brother safe, or about being betrayed by your sibling but not being able to stop protecting them, or about the characters trying to hold on to who they were before vampires entered the scene, or about trust, and how hard it is to build up and how easy it is to destroy, and this whole show is just so powerful and beautiful.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This weekend is going to be so much fun. Hanging out with a bunchg of people for my friend's birthday tomorrow and easy homework and writing session on Sunday. :D

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
You guys should watch Vampire Diaries. It basically takes Twilight, stakes it through the heart, and dances on its grave.

And it has gems! Lots and lots of gems! And blood! And is very quotable! Like the quote in my siggy!

or

Caroline: I am gonna drink until someone is hot enough to make out with.

And there are lots of people who die! And then you cry! But you don't care because MY CREYS IT'S SO GOOD.

And, of course, the best part: Like my all-time favorite novel series, The Demon's Lexicon, though it has romance, it's SO MUCH MORE about friendships and family and siblinghood and how far you are willing to go to protect the ones you love.

Like, is it about Stelena vs. Delena? Occasionally. Quite often, in the first part of the first season.

But now, it's about the friendship between Elena, Bonnie and Caroline, or about how Elena will practically make deals with the devil to keep her little brother safe, or about being betrayed by your sibling but not being able to stop protecting them, or about the characters trying to hold on to who they were before vampires entered the scene, or about trust, and how hard it is to build up and how easy it is to destroy, and this whole show is just so powerful and beautiful.

What she said. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
yeah i'm not into vampires. Used to love them and monsters and all that supernatural stuff back when Buffy and Angel was big but now... well some new shows just ruin the whole thing. You know what kills me?

I was always teased horribly for being into all that "creepy" stuff back when it wasnt popular, in the late 90's, early 2000, now its all the big craze... just ironic in my opinion. What's really ironic is how the people who used to tease me for that stuff now are in love with all the stuff out now.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am so pumped to finish Sticks and Stones in two - three weeks, even though the rational part of myself knows it's impossible for me to do that.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
BUT VAMPIRE DIARIES IS FULL OF GORY BLOODY STUFF.

seriously, I HATED vampires until Vampire Diaries, because of the craze. But this show, I'm telling you, it's so fucking good.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
my friend forced me to watch a few episodes... i wasnt impressed. It was like a soap opera with vampires in my opinion.

Although did anyone watch the first episode of Touch? It looks like its going to be a really awesome series!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, my mindset has changed - I just want to write the story, even if it's super short and super crap.

I don't know what bought this on.

I feel like I need to write something tonight, though, before I go to bed, but I don't want to start a new WIP.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I might put iTunes on shuffle and try and start something - with no idea whatsoever.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Luckily, the series Vampire Diaries came out WAY, WAY, WAY before Twilight was even thought of in the 90s. So it's like the grandma of YA vampire fiction. :)

Anyways, hi, everyone! I am back from my wonderful nap.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I might do that later for a couple of hours and then go to bed.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I ran into a problem with TL . . . I have no real climax in mind. So I can't figure out how I want TL to progress. GAH. Time to brainstorm...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going to bananas later, open a new document and see what I come up with for a while.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I ran into a problem with TL . . . I have no real climax in mind. So I can't figure out how I want TL to progress. GAH. Time to brainstorm...

I don't know the full plotline of your story, but what if she got the tattoos removed?

Lisa, good luck! :) Now I want bananas, lol.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
That would ruin things with Kieran. ETA: Since he was the one who did them.

I already know they'll be broken up before the climax, I just don't have a decent climax scene in mind for how they win each other back.

OH MY GOSH IDEA. HELL YES. Can't say though, it'll spoil it :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Haha yeah, can't tell you. ;)

Now I'm working out the major scenes to progress to that climax.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm staying over at my friend's house tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Darn you, Karla, lol.

I love sleepovers. All of my friends are nerdy gay guys, we spend the night playing video games or Dungeon and Dragons, getting drunk, and taking late walks down to McDonalds. But we always have to walk through the drive-thru because the inside is always closed late at night, LOL. Employees always look at us weird when we are standing at the drive-thru window.

Status
Not open for further replies.