Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I rarely ever study for my final exams unless it's like math because of the formulas and the steps and such. But for the most part, all of my professors give us exams with questions from previous tests throughout the semester. However, in one of my education classes last semester, I had to write my name in a particular alphabet writing method. My professor had given us about 100 handouts of articles about infants and toddlers. And unknown to me, I was suppose to read those, so on the exam I had to list 20 things I learned from the articles.

I totally pulled that out of my ass and still passed, but it was a pain in the ass.

God i wish all my professors just gave out old test material for the final. No my chem professor find it there job to slim out as many chemistry majors as possible. So what do they do for a final?

Campbell AKA The Devil: asks two question, each posed as a riddle that takes about a million years to finish because its so complex and hard to understand in his campbellnease.

C.M.: 35 page final averaging 230 questions (almost all short answer), on EVERYTHING talked about that year. Pulling questions one couldnt even dream of answering because there is no way it is physically possible to shove all that information into your head for one test.

L.M.: Takes everything she taught you and increases the complexity of each question 10fold. Only one person has ever finished her final completely.

E.C.: The most rediculas take home test known to man. So hard that its near impossible to pass if you dont have a 155IQ. And no the internet cant help you, for physical chemistry is too complicated for Wikipedia to explain.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
HR, that's really cool. What are you studying?

Psychology. :)

I can't speak for chem professors (because I don't have any) but...

I had a soc professor last semester that gave us a study guide for half of the tests and the final...and then most of the questions didn't have anything to do with the guides.

I also had a math professor who would give us study guides/tests with multiple-choice questions where none of the answers were right. We asked him to go through the guides/tests and tell us which ones were wrong, but he refused to do it.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
God i wish all my professors just gave out old test material for the final. No my chem professor find it there job to slim out as many chemistry majors as possible. So what do they do for a final?

Campbell AKA The Devil: asks two question, each posed as a riddle that takes about a million years to finish because its so complex and hard to understand in his campbellnease.

C.M.: 35 page final averaging 230 questions (almost all short answer), on EVERYTHING talked about that year. Pulling questions one couldnt even dream of answering because there is no way it is physically possible to shove all that information into your head for one test.

L.M.: Takes everything she taught you and increases the complexity of each question 10fold. Only one person has ever finished her final completely.

E.C.: The most rediculas take home test known to man. So hard that its near impossible to pass if you dont have a 155IQ. And no the internet cant help you, for physical chemistry is too complicated for Wikipedia to explain.

Ely: Indeed! :3

Ally, dear lord! I feel for you so much. My cousin is smart as heck and he wanted to be a med major, but he took chemistry and fail it twice. It really tore him up, but I respect anyone who takes the class because you have to know your math and science to pass the class. I am not good at math at all. I think science is okay, but I am going to taking courses like Earth Science and Astronomy. It's the cheap way out, but I have no intend of teaching kindergartners or second graders Chemistry and Quantum Physics.

HR, my Elementary Algebra math professor was a total A.S.S! I am horrible at math, so I couldn't place in College Algebra just yet when I enrolled in college. My professor talked so fast and acted like such a stuck-up know-it-all! If you asked him a question or asked him to repeat what he had just said, he would either: (a) look at you like you had just called his wife a basilisk or (b) look at you for a moment and ignore your existence for the rest of the class. We started out with 30 students and by the end of the semester, there were only eight of us left!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I finished my Algebra II test today, it was all questions from the study guide EXCEPT FOR THE ONES I STRUGGLED WITH.

sherlockcant.gif

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know your pain. L.M does that. She gives out past finals and or tests for you to study off of. But then when you get yours, its either a million times more complex or wasnt even on the damn papers.

I also had a bio teacher for Gen Bio 2 who wouldnt tell us what to study for the final. then Two days before the final on the last class day he told our class when asked:

"know everything"

What was Everything? 15 chapters, all dealing with every speices of organism on the plant known to scientists. That means knowing all the scientific names how they are all related, and every aspect about all of them.

Yeah not a single person in the class passed...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
LOL, Tally.

I bought sweets on the way home for my epic writing session, which is Sunday - Monday. I will be napping about halfway through.

ETA: Tally, did you read Sticks and Stones yesterday? There's nothing from you in my emails.

JUST CHILL. I can't do everything hyperfast. I'm not a ninja, I'm a student in exams.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about these subjects make my head hurt. Time for a nap, lol! BBL!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I REALLY WANNA WRITE.

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE.

HEY HEY HAVE I SHOWN YOU GUYS MY COVER FOR ELEMENTAL WHICH I'M COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN PLAN ON PUBLISHING IT?

I PROBABLY HAVE.

MAYBE I'LL MAKE A COVER FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you very excited today. I've had 2 monster javas today and i'm not even at the point of all caps... although if i go get a third....No that's probably a bad idea already hyper like a squirrel on crack.

Something to be leanered... dont sleep for two-three hours and chug down two monster Java's in an hour... Its been 4 hours since my last one and I havent crashed yet.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I always envision all caps as someone screaming. Your head must get really loud!

I have my writing class in an hour... still nervous about the class, the teacher seems awesome and apparently I already finished all the major assignments this year... (were aloud to use our WIP or other works and hand them in as our papers.)

Just the people in the class worry me. At least the two people in my group last time really drove me quite insane. They love poetry, and that's what they primarly write. That's fine and dandy, but your in a fiction writing workshop... and there stuff was like poems in paragraph "story" form. Then they wanted me to give feedback... I lied and said they were great, but i know nothing about poetry and frankly hate it... All there "stories" were was random images and stuff that left my head spinning!

I was also disipointed to find out i was one of only two people in my class that didnt write contemory romance...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I want to start querying CCW NOW, but I know I have to wait. Gah. D:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
You...drank...TWO monsters in AN HOUR? How are you not dead?

Extremely high tolorance for caffeine. Its gotten so bad that i need to monsters a day to make it through the day.

Worst I ever got was last year when... for one week (because i needed to study for three tests that were all going to take place in one day) I was drinking a 24oz cup of coffee in the morning, Monster Java for lunch along with one of those 5 hour energy shots (which dont work... long story). A cup of coffee for dinner and a regular extra large Monster and sugary junkfood for the whole night i stayed up.

This left me sleeping no more then 4 hours that week. Good news i did well on 2 of the 3 tests!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
THEN DO MORE TROLLING.

they're not hard to find if you try.

by the way, this avvie is my newest ship. In this show, I now ship...

Delena
Klena
Stelena
Elejah
Tylena
Matlena
Kelena (well, not really, but Nina has SO MUCH CHEMISTRY with herself I had to)

oh, you mean, apart from with Elena?

Forwood
Forvan
Kalijah
Steferine
Rose/Damon (whatever their ship name is)
Alenna
Stebekah
Carebekah

um... there's more, but I'm lazy...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
One of the regrets in my life is that i got Will caffeine dependent aswell. He didnt even drink coffee before he met me, now he needs a Java Monster everyday otherwise he get a horrible headache.

Turning him into an insomniac like myself i have no regrets about though... now i have something to talk to at night!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
VAMPIRE DIARIES. :D

Katherine/S3 Stephan. THEY CAN BE DUMBASSES TOGETHER.

Status
Not open for further replies.