Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I just told my friend all about it while we were working out. She really wants me to kick my ass into gear and try to summit TAJ. And i'm really starting to wonder if the first LotF would fit under science fiction/fantasy simply because alot of people told me its like an urban fantasy.

Robert L.B.

Tao of Wonka
Registered
Reaction score
Decided to allow a form of martial arts in my fantasy world. Explanation is that people who choose to be guards are permitted to look into any ways to defend the city (believed to be the only one in the world due to the permanent silence), from creatures that sometimes wander in from the outside. They range from the size of wolves to human-sized, but no bigger. Meaning the majority of guards use pikes for their reach while some can opt for swords or more outlandish weapons.

One of these will be people who wear metal gauntlets and greaves and focus entirely on upping their strength in those muscle regions for speed and power. There are two prominent guardsmen using it and they each have their own method. One emphasizes quick but brutal strikes to monster weak points while the other draws a monster's attack in then breaks it, usually with the offending limb, until the threat is disabled or dead.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Partial request!

Also, the agent wants me to send a short bio of myself. Should I mention my age now?

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Tally!

Should you mention your age? I don't think that's entirely important unless you're underage because if you do get a literary agent and you're underage, don't you have to have your parent's permission to sign contracts and such? A literary agent probably should know that ahead of time. Then again, I am just guessing.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I am, I'm fifteen. It's generally agreed that you tell your agent this once they start seriously cobsidering you, i.e. full requests or after, but since she asked, I think I will say that I'm a high school student.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i know! How are you doing? I see you have another awesome cover!

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I am doing pretty good. :) And thanks! I just love adding blood splatter to stuff. I have like four different pictures of blood spatter on there, LOL.

How are you?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean! Blood splatter is so freaking awesome! I love adding that to covers too. What do you use to make yours? I used Adobe Illustrator.

I'm ok. Need to study tonight... like all night kind of study because i'm the worst most horrible procrastinator known to man! But right now i'm taking a dinner break. Yes its about 12:30 at night but... its been a long day.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I've always wanted Adobe Illustrator, but I have Photoshop CS4. I am trying to get the CS5 update though. That is the one thing I like about Adobe. Their products cost a fuckload, but their updates are pretty reasonable.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry didnt know it was your birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BG!!!!!!!

Birthday-Cake-Picture.jpg

:partyguy: :snoopy: :hooray:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to make a map for a made-up town. Kind of frustrated, lol. How are you, Ally?

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, had to take my dogs outside. Are you in college, HR? :)

Hi, Ely!

Status
Not open for further replies.